First 5K Race-Results

misstilly
on 6/1/08 10:38 am - Cosby, TN
  I did my first 5K today and I did great ( at least I think so).  I my time was 37:20.  I did walk a little but I ran the majority.  I also got 3rd place for my age division.  I was so happy just to finish let alone place 3rd.  so I am doing a little dance. Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

Mifiremedic
on 6/1/08 11:04 am - MI
Sue, Great time job. Very respectable time, and better yet you got a medal to show off for the rest of your life.. I have a feeling the medal will be the first of many.
Linn D.
on 6/1/08 11:12 am - Missoula, MT
Nice job, Sue!  Isn't it a wonderful feeling of accomplishment?  These moments are meant to be cherished.  Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience.  Linn
Deanna34
on 6/1/08 11:25 am - Salem, OR
Sue, that is fabulous!!!  You deserve to go out and celebrate!  Have you signed up for any more races?  It gets addicting!   --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

misstilly
on 6/1/08 11:29 am - Cosby, TN

Thanks to everyone.  I haven't signed up YET for more races, but I have been checking to see what is going on in my area. Sue

215/210/117/120

Cassie W.
on 6/1/08 8:28 pm

Congratulations Sue!  You are certainly going to be hooked now.  The memory of that adrenaline rush is like a magnet that draws you to the starting line of any 5K in a 50 mile radius.  I'm so happy that you decided to go for it! Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

puddin2day
on 6/2/08 1:59 am - Los Angeles, CA
Sue, Weigh to go girl!!!  Excellent job.   Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

misstilly
on 6/2/08 8:21 am - Cosby, TN
Thanks everyone.  I have been looking at up coming races.  I think I will try for one the end of JUne. Sue

215/210/117/120

Scott William
on 6/2/08 9:40 pm
Congrats on a finish and an award.  I have run about 25 races and havn't been close to a prize!  There is no shame in walking.  Do a search for Jeff Galloway and you will find a whole program that revolves around walking during runs.  Way to go on your first finish.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active