Rowing??

Chris Zane
on 5/31/08 11:33 am
I've got an opportunity to participate with a rowing team.  It is something I've always been a little interested in, so I'll go and check it out.  What muscles does rowing mainly target?  I've been running and biking and swimming for my arms, but the swimming doesn't seem to be doing that much for my arms.  What I really need to work on is my core muscles - abs and back.  Will rowing target either of those? Thanks.
Linn D.
on 5/31/08 2:38 pm - Missoula, MT
Rowing is great for the back and shoulders!  I think it's awsome for you getting this opportunity.  Have a great time, and you will have ripped back and arm muscles!   Linn
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/08 6:52 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
Rowing actually uses every large muscle group!  Here's a link to a website that shows the muscles that are used in each "part" of the rowing motion (the catch, the drive, the finish and the recovery).  http://www.concept2.com/us/training/muscles_used.asp I've been using an indoor rowing machine for about 6 months now at the gym, and I love it.  I've noticed better definition in my arms, and my core muscle strength has also improved but I've been doing other core work as well.   Enjoy the rowing team!!! Kellie
Most Active