I joined a gym!

Sherry S.
on 5/31/08 7:30 am - Warner, NH
Okay, I am not even approved for surgery yet..but I am in the "beginning" stages. I have an appt to have my psych evaluation in 2 weeks, along with a 2nd required class at the facility I plan to have my surgery. Well..this past week, I joined a college gym near work! The best part of it is..they have a great pool, and offer 2 water aerobics classes after work. They also have a suspended track that i can use as a general member and some bikes..(i hate bikes). So..I did 4 laps around te track, and I so wanted to stop after one. My dang knees and back killed me..but I hung in for 4 laps, then my gift was to swim after. I was in the pool for about 40 minutes, doing a couple of lame laps, some jogging in circles..and just having fun in the water. It is amazing how there is NO pain in the water. I felt so free! I think i have found the exercise I will be hooked on for a while. I will be staying on my diet regimin of WW for now..though its not working for me anymore. I think now that i have decided to "move" even if it does hurt, maybe the WW will kick in. I know..I AM heading towards lap band..and using it as the tool it is, and finally be successful. I also saw the video on this site on The Beginners Guide and went and bought a band! I will do that on the off days of the gym. I am SO ready... Sherry
              Mini Goal : 10 lbs by 4/16/10
Start/294 Surgery/263.6  Current/248  Goal/155

Start/291   Day of Surgery/262.6  Current/246.6  Personal Goal/155  Lost so far:  41.8

Linn D.
on 5/31/08 8:09 am - Missoula, MT
Good for you, Sherry!  I'd be lost without my gym.  Today the weather is nice in western Montana, but we really don't get that many nice days (as far as I'm concerned).  I know of lots of ladies who truly love water aerobics, and it's what keeps them exercising.  Even if you don't lose much weight before you get banded, the health benefits are truly worth keeping the body moving.  "I like to move it move it!" Linn
Ruth A.
on 6/3/08 6:06 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
That's great Sherry joining a gym can be a big step, but you've taken it and the step towards a fitter body.  You will see the benefits when/if you have surgery as your body will be in a much position with all this exercise you are doing. Great job - keep it up.

Most Active