Last Minute Entry To The San Diego Rock IN Roll Marathon

Kevin A.
on 5/30/08 12:53 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Yea that's right!! At the very last minute I decided to run another marathon!! No long runs over 12 miles in over a 2 months I been going back and forth if I really want to run that far again. But since I'll be in San Diego this weekend for a friend PS appointment in T.J. Mexico, I have other OH friends running and a free entry!! Why not see if can improve on my time of 7 hours and 50 minute from the L.A. Marathon!!

So wish me luck!! I hoping to finish with in 7 hours time limit or they will pull me off the course!! Just what I needed a challenge!!

Alright I taking bets on what time I will finish or if I will finish???

I'm think about 6 hours 20 minutes!! (Just to beat my running partners marathon time)

See on the other side of 26.2!!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Mifiremedic
on 5/30/08 12:57 am - MI
My Momma didnt raise a fool. Not a chance that I will bet against a woman on a mission.. haha

Well good luck on your last minute Marathon. I like how you just said "screw it" and decided to do it.

People like you might just give me the power to do a Marathon in October instead of a Half mary

Curt
Kevin A.
on 5/30/08 1:17 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Woman??

I'm must be the uglist woman in the world or a very handsome man

Thanks anyway!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Mifiremedic
on 5/30/08 1:19 am - MI

Okay, I am now officially done responding.. I am such an idiot...

puddin2day
on 5/30/08 2:00 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hello Marathon Man!!    I got my $$$ on you.  You can complete it in 6:30. Good luck.  Kimmie
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Kevin A.
on 5/30/08 7:14 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Thanks Kimmie!!! This will be you next year running marathons!!

puddin2day
on 5/30/08 7:17 am - Los Angeles, CA
You bet!
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Scott William
on 5/30/08 2:30 am
I must say that the first 4 posts to this thread have made me laugh harder than I have in months!  Let's just call that an honest oops and move along.  ....still laughing, though! Kevin, Quite the set of ba**s you are carrying there.  The good thing is that you know what you are getting yourself into so you are good there.  I don't know how you feel about walk breaks but I would take them early and often.  You are going to need keep those muscles fresh so I might even do a 1 run to 1 walk or a 2 run to 1 walk.  I have no doubt that you will finish in time.  7 hours is 16 minute miles which is about 3.8 mph.  No doubt!!!  Get it done. Scott (still laughing)
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Kevin A.
on 5/30/08 2:51 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Thanks Scott!! Glad I can make your day!!

The game plan is to start slow maybe a 2/2 pace or 1/2 for the first 13 miles at 15 min. pace which is the first cut off point which is about 4 hours. The second is at the 19 mile check point which is 6 hours.. So if I can make past those 2 points I can walk the rest... But I hope to keep a steady pace of 15 minute!! 6:33

Well see!!

MaryS
on 5/30/08 2:40 am - Long Island, NY
Kevin, Best of luck.  I'm sure you can do it!  I think Scott had some good advice with the walk breaks.  Take it easy in the beginning so you have something left to finish with.  I can't wait to hear about it! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Most Active