Wednesday Workout

NicoleLynn
on 5/28/08 12:24 pm - Minneapolis, MN
I only had 30 minutes for my workout today and boy did I make the most of it!  I checked out a nice trail that runs along a creek near my new apartment and it was beautiful, you would hardley know you were in the middle of a major city!  Anyways I did walk run intervals a little differently than normal I did a warm of brisk walking for 5 minutes then a 2 minute run, 2 minute walk, 3 minute run, 2 minute walk, 5 minute run, 2 minute walk, 5 minute run (including some major stairs) and 5 minute cool down.  The shorter intervals at the beginning was not planned, but more of I got a little turned around by construction and had to figure out which way to go.  Now that I know the area a little better I will be able to get right down to business.  I was amazed that I did 2 5 minute intervals and didn't really even feel tired after them.  My transitions are getting better and my recovery time is now at a much faster pace.  I am hoping for at least 45 minutes to an hour tomorrow!  ~Nicole

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Earl C.
on 5/28/08 12:29 pm - Circleville, OH
1 pm 30 min throwing session in  park

8:15 to 9 pm @ work gym
5 min warm up
Power Snatch/ Overhead squat
Front Squat
Front Squat lockouts
Olympic Good morning superset lunges

Earl
Deanna34
on 5/28/08 1:16 pm - Salem, OR
Good job, Nicole!  You did great! I ran 4 miles on the treadmill at the gym.   --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Mifiremedic
on 5/28/08 7:53 pm - MI
I thought you agreed to take a rest day or two?
liz A.
on 5/29/08 12:57 am
are you signing up for the 5k at binder park zoo?

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  ACK!  
                                    -liz lemon

Mifiremedic
on 5/29/08 1:28 am - MI
Probably not, as of right now, I will be in Warsaw, Indiana doing a Triathlon with my club. However, if that doesnt work out, then I will. How about you? Does that mean you will be in my area?

How about the 10K during Cereal city Fest here in Battle Creek?

I need some 5 or 10K races for July. If you here any up your way, please let me know...

Linn D.
on 5/28/08 1:17 pm - Missoula, MT
I did my first speed workout in 2 weeks today, and it went very well.  Ran at normal speed 10 min (6.5) then did 2 reps of 10 min at 7.0 with a 2 min recovery at 6.5 in between and ending with 10 min at 6.5.  Total run time:42 min, total miles: 4.73.  I had a hard time with the last 5 minutes, but managed to finish the whole workout.  My legs still feel it!  Linn
NicoleLynn
on 5/28/08 1:48 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Great job Linn!  I have no idea what speed I run at, but wow am I impressed with your numbers!  Hopefully your legs aren't yelling at you too much tomorrow!  ~Nicole

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Cassie W.
on 5/28/08 8:48 pm

I'm enjoying my recovery week, but it's strange not running.  I did a 30-minute leisurely bike ride, which did wonders loosening up the quads.  Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Linn D.
on 5/29/08 1:53 am - Missoula, MT
Cassie, I'm glad you're behaving and taking care of yourself!  I'd hate to see you get hurt!   Linn
Most Active