Frequency of Races???

Elisa K.
on 5/26/08 11:16 pm - Lumberton, NJ
Hey All: I am training to run my first 5k on July 12th.  I want to keep myself motivated to run, so I was thinking of doing a few more races this summer, and into the fall.   How often can I run a race? 
Mifiremedic
on 5/26/08 11:27 pm - MI
Honestly, only you know the answer to that question. However, I would say doing 1-2 races a month is very do able. I just recently wrote out the races I want to do this Summer and found that I have scheduled a race of some sort every 2-3 weeks.. If I could find more in my area I would.

However, keep in mind that this is suppose to be fun, and if you start doing to much then it could be become to much of a chore.

Curt
Scott William
on 5/27/08 4:30 am
If I had weekends off, I would race every weekend and perhaps take one off if there was an extra important race the next weekend.  Some people use races every weekend as their speed work.  Race away! If you feel yourself getting sluggish and your times get slower, lay off for a few weeks.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Deanna34
on 5/27/08 4:58 am - Salem, OR

I do at least one race a month, sometimes two ... it helps keep me motivated to train for them.  If I pre-register for the races and pay for them, it holds me accountable to going (at least in my mind!).  Anyway, it works and I enjoy doing at least one a month!

--Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Elisa K.
on 5/27/08 10:23 pm - Lumberton, NJ
Thanks so much for replying!!  I was thinking of doing 1 race per month, and you all confirmed my thinking was on track - LOL!!   Thanks again!!
Most Active