I did it! I ran my first 5k!!!

J. M.
on 5/25/08 12:29 am
I finshed in alittle under 33min. I kept a nice slow pace the whole time and had little discomfort. I will post pics this afternoon. YAY!!!!!! It seems very surreal still...

~ Jen   

Mifiremedic
on 5/25/08 12:37 am - MI
Jen,

Great job, isnt the feeling great? Now you need to search for your next race. Maybe a 10K...

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Curt
Chris Zane
on 5/25/08 3:12 am
Fantastic!!! What a great feeling.  Are you addicted now?  Do you have another one planned? Great job.
striveforhealth
on 5/25/08 10:50 am - Portsmouth, NH
Congrats!!!!  It's a great feeling!

Check out the video on youtube that my partner made about my WLS journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8vV0N6CxA

Cassie W.
on 5/26/08 9:28 am
Jen, That's a great pace for your first 5K!  Congratulations.  I don't think that feeling of awe ever really fades because of where we've been.  Each race is confirmation that we have turned the corner and embraced a new life! Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

misstilly
on 5/28/08 7:30 am - Cosby, TN
I was wondering how long you had trained for the 5K.  I go to the gym 6 days a week and have been running on the treadmill and would like to do a 5K that is coming up this Sunday, but I am a little scared that I might not be able to fini****  I run 2 miles on the treadmill.  Any input you can send my way I would appreciate. Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

J. M.
on 5/28/08 9:45 am
That's great that you're running! I must say though, the treadmill can be very different than running outside. I started running in August??? and have been building myself up since then.  I also used "couch to 5k".  Google it.  If I were you, I'd do a practice run outside and see how far you can make it/run at an outdoor track to keep track of your distance. Good luck! You can do it for sure, but might need to train more outside first. Let me know how it goes!

~ Jen   

misstilly
on 5/28/08 10:04 am - Cosby, TN
Thanks for  your advice.  I'm not sure what to do.  I dont want to try and not make it. Sue

215/210/117/120

Cassie W.
on 5/28/08 9:00 pm
Sue,  Several of the new runners in my training group did their first 5K only 2 miles into the training program.  They went in knowing that they may have to walk - and that's just fine - and that they had to resist running too fast.  My son did his first 5K in April.  He ran the first mile; ran/walked the second mile; and mostly ran the third mile and still finished in about 40 minutes by keeping his walking pace at a good clip. Good luck Sunday. Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

misstilly
on 5/29/08 2:45 am - Cosby, TN
thanks Cassie.  I am going to do it.  If I have to wlk I will at least I will fini****  Where abouts in NY are you from.  I'm from central NY area (between Rochester & Syracuse).  Just moved to TN, October 2006. Sue

215/210/117/120

Most Active