Weekend Exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deanna34
on 5/24/08 10:34 am - Salem, OR
I can't believe no one started this thread yet!  Oh well, it gives me a chance to boast that I got up early and ran 11 miles today!!!!!  I hate the first 3 miles and then I got into a groove until I hit mile 10 and then my knees were spent.  But I managed to get through the full 11 miles!  Hurray!  I have 3 weeks until my half marathon so I should be ready.  I'm just sick and tired of my weekend long runs!!!  I can't wait to get the half marathon over and done with so I don't have to kill myself every weekend! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Scott William
on 5/24/08 11:56 am
Great for you Deanna.  If  you have three weeks and you are at 11 miles you are ready.  I hear you about having to find time to run the long ones.  You may find that you want more but a few weeks off will be nice. I have done nothing this weekend.  I think that my foot will be healed and I will start back on Monday.  It is really throwing off my plan to run a 5K and a 10K on the same day for time.  Those races are in  two weeks.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
NicoleLynn
on 5/24/08 2:46 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Great job Deanna!  I am actually really looking forward to adding some longer run/walks into my schedule.  I just moved this week so I am looking forward to exploring the new neighborhood. I only got a small workout in today because I was with my mom and sister and they were done, so I had to as well, although now that I think of it I should have just walked/ran home, but dusk was upon us and my parents live out of town so that might not have been to safe.  We went to the school track and I did fast walk 1/4 mile run 1/4 mile, fast walk 1/4 mile, run 1/4 mile then cool down 1/4 mile.  It was funny because at dinner tonight my dad and younger sister were complaining about running and saying its only necessary if you are being chased and for a change I disagreed and told them that running gives me a great feeling!  Hopefully I will get a longer workout in tomorrow, even if it  is in the rain.

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

liz A.
on 5/24/08 10:44 pm
1.  that is AWESOME!    nice work!  2.  I have been a complete slacker lately...but that changes as of today. 

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  ACK!  
                                    -liz lemon

Mifiremedic
on 5/24/08 11:30 pm - MI
Deanna,

Congrats on the 11 miles today. Like the others, I have no doubts your ready for the Half Marathon..

I got back on the bike this morning, and rode to work. I think I've gotten this foot problem figured out so I can starting logging some miles both running and biking.

Curt
Kevin A.
on 5/27/08 3:42 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
11 Miles!! You are ready!!! But you been ready for a long time!!

I did 8 miles Sunday!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active