Introducing myself

Rebecca C.
on 5/23/08 6:06 am - OR

Hi, I'm Rebecca. I had RNY surgery a year ago. I started out at 261 and am 5'5. I now weigh 165. I have been working out off and on all the way through this journey. I have most recently started working out with a trainer. I lift weights 3 times a week. I do cardio 3 times a week either running or doing hip hop aerobics in a class. I'm really having a good time. My problem is that I have started gaining weight in the last 3 weeks. I'm freaking out because hello..who wants to gain weight after years of fighting with there weight ya know. I know my first problem is water..I don't drink nearly enough water. My 2nd is protein. I never seem to eat enough protein. Someone told me that I should be eating an ouch of protein per pound that I weight. I don't know how thats possible lol.. I'm lucky if I eat my 65g the dr wants me to...I'm not really fond of the protein drinks and what not ..why can't they make a protein pill?? LOL (wait maybe they do :) Alright. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and joining in when I can.  Rebecca

Scott William
on 5/23/08 7:41 am

Welcome Rebecca.  It's always nice to see a new face around here.  This is a long road to hoe so stay in the game.   I have heard everything from a gram of protein for every pound to a gram for every kilogram of your desired weight.  If you take in the 65 your Dr recommends, you will be Good.  I use the GNC brand protein to supplement.  That gives me 35g to start.  Anyway, good luck.

Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Linn D.
on 5/23/08 8:08 am - Missoula, MT
Hi Rebecca, Glad you made it here!  This is a great forum with some fabulous folks.  I don't have anything to add about the protein since I have never kept track, but I wish you well.  I'm 4.5 years out and love my exercise and training for races.  Hope to hear more from you!  Linn
puddin2day
on 5/23/08 10:45 am - Los Angeles, CA
Welcome Rebecca!
Without struggle, there is no progress.

MaryS
on 5/24/08 4:32 am - Long Island, NY

Hi Rebecca, Hi!  You definetely want to try to get that protein in if you are doing lots of exercise, in particular weight training.  Have you tried yogurt and sources other than meat (i.e. soy)? 

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

striveforhealth
on 5/24/08 6:22 am - Portsmouth, NH
Welcome aboard!!  This is the best board - very friendly people and no question is too goofy to ask! 

Check out the video on youtube that my partner made about my WLS journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8vV0N6CxA

Most Active