Heel pain update

Mifiremedic
on 5/22/08 2:28 am - MI
Well I just got back from my Podiatrist appointment, and what an eye opening. He says that one leg is longer than the other, but thats not totally uncommon. What surprised was that my feet arent constructed like a normal foot. I have difficulties pulling my foot back towards me. Essentially it doesnt come back further than 90 degress. By this "defect" I land harder on my heels and roll on the outsides of my feet to compensate for the feet not being able to rotate as it should. So he says that with some orthotics I will feel a 100% and become an even better runner. He says that since my feet arent constructed properly so the rest of my body compensates for my feet.. So I guess what I'm trying to relay is to listen to your body and if its trying to tell you something, Listen... Happy running
Linn D.
on 5/22/08 9:43 am - Missoula, MT
I'm glad you got yourself checked out and there is a good way to improve your gait and relieve your pain.  It sure does make a lot of difference in how you feel running!  Take care of yourself!    Linn
Mifiremedic
on 5/23/08 2:48 am - MI
Linn,

Yes, its nice to finally figure out what my problem has been. Now how long will it take the federal govt. to get my new insoles made and given to me will be the real question.

Heck, I might just try and get a pair made from someone else even if its on my own dime..

Most Active