TaeBo DVDs?

Jo C.
on 5/21/08 9:44 am - CABAZON, CA
I need to try and find ways to get more exercise in. I am a full time nursing student and have NO time to get to the gym. I walk for 30 minutes around the campus on my lunch break and obviously that's not enough.

I'm 9 months out and have hit a plateau that I just can't break!

Has anyone tried TaeBo? Which ones did you try? Did it give you a jumpstart for weight loss?

I'm getting so discouraged and just not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your help and advise.

Jo
cc.76
on 5/21/08 12:21 pm - WI
I have been a Tae-bo nut for years.  His last series 'Amped' is excellent.  Not his hardest, but I think his best.  It came out in 2007 and has a 3 or 4 pound weighted bar with it.  I mostly run and strength train now...but I still make time to do Tae-bo once a week.  If you really want a challenge, you could get the original Boot Camp series.  It bout puts me in tears and makes me almost puke....gotta love that!
Jo C.
on 5/21/08 12:22 pm - CABAZON, CA
If I get the boot camp series will I see results? How often should I do it a week?

Thanks so much for your input I really appreciate it
cc.76
on 5/21/08 12:42 pm - WI
Honestly...unless you're in pretty good shape to begin with...I wouldn't start with that series.  It is hard!  You use the bands with it...there's plenty of old school, basic exercises, push-ups, squats, lunges, etc...so yes..you'll see results..but it's not really cardio intense...so I don't know about it jump starting your weight loss.   The Amped series is awesome.  It has the weighted bar so you get the toning, and the cardio is great as well.  Before I started running all I did was the Tae-bo and I did it 4-5 times a week.  I usually did the longer ones...pushing an hour.  I'd start with no more than 3 days a week...with rest days in between.  You're welcome for the input.  I love 90% of what he's put out there....best workout DVD's on the market in my opinion. 
Most Active