Suggestion for Runners

Scott William
on 5/21/08 1:02 am
There are a thousand books on running and for those of us who are newly into it, it's an easy read.  I like the Galloway and Bingham stuff because they are about LSD (long, slow, distance).  Galloway had a great book called, "Marathon, You can do it".  Bingham's is, "Running for Mortals".  There are many more.  My first was, "The Non Runners Marathon Trainer".  Again, great!   These books will teach you a lot even if you have no desire to ever run a marathon.  You can get them pretty cheap on Amazon. Another suggestion is to get a subscription to Runner's World or the Running Times.  Both are now owned by the same publisher but are different.  I have subscriptions to both and can't wait for the month to be up so it will come.  I also get the New England Runner which has a schedule to all the events in New England and awesome local articles.  Perhaps there is a regional magizine in your area. If anyone has other suggestions, let's hear them.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
puddin2day
on 5/21/08 1:24 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hi Scott, Thanks for posting this info.  I have been seriously thinking about a subscription to Runner's World.  I have about 3 books from Galloway: Half-Marathon, Getting Started, and the Women's Running book.  I will check out the other titles also. Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Kevin A.
on 5/21/08 1:51 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Getting good running shoes that are fitted for your foot type is very important!! Find a running store that specializes in running they will be able to help you pick out some shoes that will fit your foot. With the right shoes you can run forever!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
liz A.
on 5/21/08 11:23 pm
forever...????? can I stop for snacks?

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  ACK!  
                                    -liz lemon

Linn D.
on 5/21/08 11:06 am - Missoula, MT
Some folks might also get some coaching for basic running form.  I did track when I was a kid, so it wouldn't help me much, but I AM going to get some swimming help for triathlons.  Linn
Most Active