Dual Triathlon Weekend? Piece of Cake!

kypdurran
on 5/19/08 12:01 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Triathlons number 7 and 8 of the year are officially under my belt.   It was difficult to roll out of bed both mornings at 4AM and drive 130 miles to the races but I must say it was well worth it.   I set PRs on both days on the swim and bike.   My run on both days was constant and steady as usual but no PRs were to be had.  

I've been dragging ass all day today but I managed to write the first of the two race reports and post the pics.   

http://www.team464.com/twincities2008/

My BIG race is this weekend.   The TriAmerica Long Course in Lake Ponchartrain in Mandeville, LA (northshore of New Orleans).   Distances are 1.24 mile swim, 40 mile bike and 10 mile run.   The swim is .4 miles OVER the half-Ironman course and the bike and run are just short of half-Iron.  This race is gonna be a challenge to say the least and should give me a good indication on where I am on my ROAD TO IRON!

Thanks for all the support guys and the great motivating PMs.   I swim/ bike / run for each and every one of YOU!

Chad

Mifiremedic
on 5/19/08 11:20 pm - MI
Chad,

Congratulations on your great weekend. I look forward to reading your race reports.

Youre a great inspiration for people like myself..
Rob S.
on 5/20/08 4:52 am - DE
Great job last weekend.  I am in awe.  Don't burn yourself out.  Have fun with the next tri. Rob
Seht
on 5/20/08 6:56 am
Awesome job Chad. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.  I always enjoy reading them. Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 5/21/08 10:31 am - Missoula, MT
Nice job, Chad!  I had no doubt you'd do well.  This next one sounds like an even bigger challenge, but I know you're up to it!  Linn
Most Active