Who is running Disney in 09

Scott William
on 5/19/08 3:04 am
If I'm not mistaken, Chad, Rob and I have signed up for a race during marathon weekend at Disney next year.  I was wondering if anyone else had.  The marathon in around 60% full and the half is sold out.  The goofy sold out in 3 weeks.  I am not sure of the status of the 5K.  I saw Cassie there last year and that was great.  Anyone else? You still have time to sign up for the full and train for it.  I havn't started training for it yet.   I was also thinking about running the Philidelphia Marathon in November.  Anyone else?  How about Hartford in October?
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MaryS
on 5/19/08 3:24 am - Long Island, NY
How about entering the lottery for NYC in November?

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Scott William
on 5/19/08 3:51 am
Hmmm?  Don't know why but I never really considered it.  Again, Hmmm....
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Dan_P.
on 5/19/08 3:53 am - Baltimore, MD
Hey Scott.  I'm training for the Baltimore Marathon to be held on October 11 and am signed up to complete Disney as my second race so I'll definitely be there. -Dan
Deanna34
on 5/19/08 5:00 am - Salem, OR
Man, I feel soooooo left out!  I think I need to move to the East Coast so I can join all you guys! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Linn D.
on 5/21/08 10:36 am - Missoula, MT
Hey Deanna,  How about the Rock n' Roll in Phoenix in January?  I've done the half 3 times and the full once.  I'm planning on doing the full again in '09.  It's great to go south in the winter!  Linn
Rob S.
on 5/19/08 8:42 am - DE
I'll be there in January 2009.  I'm saving Disney for my first marathon.  Although the temptation is there to try and get one in this year, I have decided to really make it special by waitng till 2009.  I'll be doing a couple of ten-milers and a half-marathon in the fall.  I also have a couple of big bike rides so I should be able to keep busy. Rob
Cassie W.
on 5/19/08 8:53 am

No Disney for me in 2009.  I'm 95% sure that I'm going to do my plastics in December.  But, that still means I can get in a late fall marathon.   If I can find reasonable air fare, I'll plan on the inaugural Rock N Roll Marathon in San Antonio.  Otherwise, I've already got my hotel booked to tackle Philadelphia again. Maybe I'll run into you again, Scott.  Our paths certainly crossed more often than I would have expected in Orlando with all those thousands of people.

Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

kypdurran
on 5/19/08 12:03 pm - Baton Rouge, LA
Everything for me is gonna hinge on where I am in my triathlon training.  2009 will be my year to shoot for IRON in either Hawaii or Florida.   I'm probably in for at least the marathon but I doubt I could put myself through the Goofy because I figure it would be a setback for recovery.  
Most Active