Pear vs. Apples

christysuetoo
on 5/19/08 4:52 am - San Antonio, TX

HELP!!! I had surgery back in early March and have lost about 46 lbs post op. The first month I lost 24lbs but since then, my weight seems to be coming off VERY slowly. Someone at my doctor's office mentioned that since my body is pear shaped with the majority of my weight being between my waist and knees, that it would be more difficult to get my weight down. Is this true?!?!? Has anyone else experienced a slower than normal weight lose because of this?!?!? Any suggestions?

Chris Zane
on 5/20/08 7:54 am

I'm not sure if it matters if you are pear or apple shaped for weight loss.  I was pretty pear shaped - very heavy in the hips and thighs and now that I am approaching my goal, I've turned apple shaped.  Most of the weight I have left to lose is around my waist now.   Are you following all the protocols?  Protein, vitamins, water, exercise?  I guess if you are, I wouldn't worry too much about the speed of the loss as long as you are losing.

christysuetoo
on 5/21/08 7:25 am - San Antonio, TX

Yes..I think you are right and I probably shouldn't worry about  the speed of my weight loss . I think I was in shock because when I was told it would be more difficult since I was a pear I was caught off guard since no one had mentioned that to me prior to my surgery. I guess I'm just wondering if you or anyone else out there had a similar expereince especially since most of the before and after pictures I've seen all tend to show people with apple shapes.  By the way, congratulations on your weight loss and on approaching your goal!

Most Active