Friday Workout

Linn D.
on 5/16/08 5:04 am - Missoula, MT
Hey guys.  I just did a little 30-min run this morning (see hamstrings post), but then I succumbed to peer pressure and ended up doing a spin class as well (followed by coffee and stretching in the hot tub).  It's good to do bricks!  Linn
NicoleLynn
on 5/16/08 5:49 am - Minneapolis, MN
Linn~Sounds like you had a really good workout!  What are the "bricks" that you are talking about?  Today I will be doing an intensified power yoga class as part of a nutrition program I am taking through my yoga studio.  This weekend will be filled with lots of challenging yoga as a part of the program I mentioned.  I am looking forward to the yoga sculpt class which combines weights with yoga...should be interesting and may be a way for me to start getting in some weight training!  ~Nicole

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Linn D.
on 5/16/08 6:44 am - Missoula, MT
Nicole,  'Bricks' are triathlon slang for back-to-back workouts.  I literally got off the treadmill and went straight to the spin class without a break.  When I do bricks it's usually a swim followed by a bike class or a bike class followed by a run on the treadmill.  I rarely run first because that's the last thing in a tri.  Linn
NicoleLynn
on 5/16/08 1:09 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Linn~Thank you for the explination!  Sounds like quite the workout for you this morning! ~Nicole

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Deanna34
on 5/16/08 8:53 am - Salem, OR
I'm taking a rest day today.  It's 90+ degrees outside right now which is a HUGE SHOCK since my last weekend run was in 48-degree weather!  I have a 5K Saturday morning and then a 10K Sunday morning so hopefully it cools down a wee bit by then! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Rob S.
on 5/16/08 11:14 am - DE
Easy day today, sort o***** up early in the morning and had a physical theraphy session, whi*****luded deep muscle massage, and a 1-mile jaunt in the running theraphy pool.  My PT has told me too avoid heat after runs and stick to the cold **** if possible).  Hamstrings are still tight but I think I'm going to break down and try another yoga class next week.  Spent the afternoon moving fmy son from his fourth floor dorm room.   He is now a graduate.  And I'm exhausted. Rob
Earl C.
on 5/17/08 5:05 am - Circleville, OH
Just a short 30 min throwing practice for me down at the high school. Finally found a couple of meets to do this summer and a Highland games a friend wants me to compete in. Now all I have to do is learn how to throw a 56 pound weight and a 100 pound rock for distance. Earl
Most Active