I got picked! But...

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/08 9:40 am - Miramar Beach, FL
I posted a couple of weeks ago about an opportunity to participate in the Spinning national conference.  I sent in a testimony about my experience with Spinning, with the hope of being selected to receive a free trip to Miami and entrance to the conference, in exchange for being filmed about my Spinning experience.  I got notice earlier today that I was selected!  There's one slight problem, and it's kind of ironic.  She asked what size bike shorts I'll need.  I don't do shorts...at all.  After losing 120 lbs, I'm left with excess skin on my thighs which I prefer to camoflage with capri or cargo workout pants.  I let her know, and she said she didn't think it would be a problem, but will get back with me tomorrow.  The ironic part of this is that in order to participate in the conference, I'll have to cancel the plastic surgery that would correct my thighs!  Oh, well, I'm a big believer in fate, and if she says it's a "go" then I'm going for it, and will reschedule my plastics. I'm really proud to have been selected, and excited about the opportunity to share my love of Spinning with other people!  (And just think of all the hot bodies I'll get to watch at the Spinning conference...grrrrr.) Tami
NicoleLynn
on 5/15/08 10:21 am - Minneapolis, MN
Congrats!  What an awesome opportunity!  Hopefully they won't make a big fuss over you wanting to wear capris rather than shorts!  I hope you have a great time!

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Mifiremedic
on 5/15/08 10:47 am - MI
On May 15, 2008 at 4:40 PM Pacific Time, TamiFromAL wrote:
I posted a couple of weeks ago about an opportunity to participate in the Spinning national conference.  I sent in a testimony about my experience with Spinning, with the hope of being selected to receive a free trip to Miami and entrance to the conference, in exchange for being filmed about my Spinning experience.  I got notice earlier today that I was selected!  There's one slight problem, and it's kind of ironic.  She asked what size bike shorts I'll need.  I don't do shorts...at all.  After losing 120 lbs, I'm left with excess skin on my thighs which I prefer to camoflage with capri or cargo workout pants.  I let her know, and she said she didn't think it would be a problem, but will get back with me tomorrow.  The ironic part of this is that in order to participate in the conference, I'll have to cancel the plastic surgery that would correct my thighs!  Oh, well, I'm a big believer in fate, and if she says it's a "go" then I'm going for it, and will reschedule my plastics. I'm really proud to have been selected, and excited about the opportunity to share my love of Spinning with other people!  (And just think of all the hot bodies I'll get to watch at the Spinning conference...grrrrr.) Tami
Tami,

Congratulations.
MaryS
on 5/15/08 11:31 am - Long Island, NY
Tami, How fantastic that you were picked!  There couldn't be a better reason to postpone your plastics.  Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

wjoegreen
on 5/15/08 11:32 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
I'd get some of those capri 3/4 leggings or underarmor type leggings and go wit the shorts.  It could be the layered look.  I do the long boxers types  and did the leggings this past winter that hang out under my running shorts.  I say Go for it!!  Congrads on getting selected!  How cool is that????
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Deanna34
on 5/16/08 1:53 am - Salem, OR
Tami, congratulations!!!  That is so exciting!!!  You know what? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that you can never reschedule ... you can always reschedule your plastic surgery!  I'm so happy for you!  I have a pair of Nike compression capris pants that hit just below my knees and I usually wear those.  My thighs are pretty saggy so I don't like to wear shorts either!  My thigh skin would just squish out of the bottom of bike shorts!  Anyway, I can sympathize!  But congratulations girl!  You're fabulous! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

puddin2day
on 5/16/08 1:59 am - Los Angeles, CA
Congratulations Tami.
Without struggle, there is no progress.

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/08 11:06 am - Miramar Beach, FL
Thanks, ya'll, for your encouraging words.  It's official, I'm going to Miami!!!  I cancelled plastics, and I have to admit that I'm a little relieved about not facing plastic surgery right now, and I'm TOTALLY PUMPED about attending the Spinning National Conference.  I also signed up to attend instructor orientation tomorrow.  So, barring unforseen obstacles, I should be a Spinning Instructor within the next six months (it takes that long to achieve certification). Can I just say, "LIFE IS GOOD!!" Tami
Ruth A.
on 5/16/08 9:39 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Congratulations!  As has been said, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Bet you didn't even imagine you would be doing this before you had wls!!!

Most Active