What do you think of the Bodybugg?

MapleBar
on 5/13/08 11:14 am
VSG on 05/14/15

This is my first time on the forum...I was wondering what all you fitness "nuts" think of the Bodybugg and do you have one?  I am still working on getting my weight off and I was wondering if the Bodybugg is worth the $$$?   I am also trying to justify the cost for the benefit?   I exercise 4-6 times a week at least an hour.  I finally ran one mile without stopping outside!!!! last Sunday.  I also can finally run for a few miles on the treadmill.. (who'd a thunk it?)  Anyway, I was hoping for some input on your likes and dislikes with the Bodybugg and WLS and such... Thanks in advance, M

~ Lexipro ~
on 5/13/08 9:45 pm - SC
I dont like the look of the body bugg - I'm no expert by far but one of the advantages of the stability ball is that you have to work to stay balanced on it, the body bugg kinda takes that out of the equation. Keeping the ball stable works your core which is important to every single other exercise you can do.

Lexi -  Size 6-8 and holding.

Chris G.
on 5/14/08 1:24 am
Honestly, I don't think you need it based on your exercise habits. Could it help you? Put it this way, I don't think it would hurt you. I honestly believe that something like this is just a product a company wants to sell. The price point alone almost makes it totally undesirable, especially with the economy the way it is.

This kind of product I believe would help someone who does not engage in regular physical activity and who does no****ch what they eat at all. If you are eating a healthy diet and exercising the way you do, I don't think the benefits are worth the cost. To you nor to anybody else.
Chris Gillette, MS
www.chriseducatedguess.blogspot.com
sweetdaisy3208
on 5/19/08 10:15 pm - Somewhere In, GA
Here's my view.  I bought one and am happy I did, even though I never use it. Huh? I wore it faithfully for 3-4 weeks.  During that time I was able to validate the following things: 1) How many calories I burn in a typical weekday where I do not exercise 2) How many calories I burn on a typical weekend day where I am more active than a weekday but do not exercise 3) How many calories I burn in a dance class 4) How many calories I burn in a yoga class 5) How many calories I burn with my personal trainer 6) How many calories I burn with an hour of cardio Now that I know all of those things, I don't really need it anymore.   I'm glad I did it though, because machines at the gym & online calculators GROSSLY mis-stated how many calories you are actually burning.  For example, I thought I was burning 500 calories in a dance class, it was more like 350.  I thought I was burning about 2000 calories on a normal work day, it was more like 1600! The numbers do make a big difference.
Most Active