Weightloss stalled...

bradshaw0506
on 5/12/08 1:28 am - Chicago, IL
After my revision surgery on 2/25 I've finally felt well enough to start exercising but all of sudden my weightloss came to a serious halt.  207 back up to 210-211...I don't get it.  I'm hope it's due to muscle weight or something.   Some advice would be awesome! Thanks.

I MY DS!!!

Chris G.
on 5/12/08 4:39 am
What kind of exercise are you doing? How is your diet (what and how much are you eating)? How is your body sculpting? I doubt that you gaining more weight is due to muscle because you should be focusing on aerobic exercise right now. With the reduced caloric consumption from your surgery as well as the caloric deficit you are creating with exercise, you should not be gaining weight.

It would be better if I knew more about your diet, basically what you are eating and how much. I need more info that way we could try to find what's going on.

bradshaw0506
on 5/12/08 5:13 am - Chicago, IL
Well since I had a revision from an RNY to a DS, my diet is way different that what some would eat.  I drink a lot of my protien to make sure i get it in, I eat eggs, italian sausage, cheese, last night I had 1/3 of a cup of pasta for the first time.  Had some chicken parm.  but I was eating this and losing before. So... I do low carb most of the time but I do drink milk and have for a while now.  I tried cutting out the milk and still no change.   I do 30 minutes of dripping wet cardio (eliptical) I focus on my arms, my back, my chest I stretch a lot Remember I just started this exercise routine.  I use to do it way back when I had my RNY 9 years ago and it worked like magic.

I MY DS!!!

Chris G.
on 5/12/08 6:37 am, edited 5/12/08 6:37 am
From what I've seen on DS, you can eat fairly normal correct? You can also eat vegetables, fruits, and carbohydrates. Make sure you get your fruits, veggies, and whole grains in to your diet as tolerated.

As far as your exercise, aim for more time on your elliptical as you progress. Take your time and progress as your body tells you to. Try to slowly increase your time exercising as your MD tells you to.

Making sure you are eating fruits, vegetables and whole grains will help you lose weight as well as gradually increasing your exercise time when your MD gives you the thumbs-up.

I also think it could be a short-term reaction to the exercise. Are you lifting weights? If it is, you should start losing again. I doubt it is, but it could be.

Make sure you are eating lean protein as well as getting enough fruits, veggies, and whole grains. That may be where it's coming from.
Most Active