New here

panhead58fl
on 5/11/08 4:06 pm - Barboursville, WV

Hi every one, new to exercise and fitness forum. I had surgery on 12-14-06. My highest weight was 375, day of surgery 324, present weight 160. My lowest weight 156. About 8 months ago I joined a fitness center and started using a treadmill. Been running now for 5 0r 6 months and I have the bug. Ran my first 5K in March and ran it in 28 something, ran a second one about 3 weeks later and ran it in 26:14 or there abouts. Ran the last one couple of weeks ago in 25:35 I think. All the times are best I can remember, I have saved the numbers they give you to wear and I have them at work tacked up in my cublcle with the times on them. 6-14-08 there is a 10K and I hope to do a half marahon later in the year. This past saturday I ran 9 miles in 1:14:26. So far this year I have ran or walked over 500 miles. Well that is where I am right now. I am over joyed about  where I am, 2 years ago I would have had a hard time walking around the block. pan head

Mifiremedic
on 5/11/08 9:52 pm - MI
Panhead,

Great job on your transformation. Your posting some great times in preperation for the 10K. Keep up the outstanding work.

panhead58fl
on 5/12/08 6:56 am - Barboursville, WV
thanks, I just keep plugging along.  pan head
MaryS
on 5/11/08 11:52 pm - Long Island, NY
Wow - you have some great times for your 5ks races, congrats!  You should be over joyed about where you are, you've come a long way.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

panhead58fl
on 5/12/08 7:08 am - Barboursville, WV
thanks Mary I am. The first one I ran I never dreamed I would run that fast. I started in the very back with the walkers because I didn't know how I would do and I run by my self. I finished in the middle of the runners when it was all over. The thrill of passing people blew me away. The next race I thought I would pace my self better and not get caught up in the excitment, but it didn't work. It seems I set a pace and then seem to maintain that pace. Not much kick left at the end. I see where you are signed up for the NYC marathon. WOW ! I had never even dreamed of it , but now I think I am going to plan on one next year. I don't know if I will be ready this year. Good luck, pan head
wjoegreen
on 5/12/08 12:08 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Good to see you on this board,...jumping in from the Mens Forum.  You are doing a great job and should be proud of your accomplishments and progress.  I keep my bib numbers and write my dates and times,..and all other race stats (age group ,place by gender, overall, and age group).....I understand and think it is good for your personal motivation and self esteem.  I lok forward to your continuing success.  Good job planning the 10K and your 5 K times. 
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
panhead58fl
on 5/12/08 7:12 am - Barboursville, WV
Hey Joe, I stuck my head in here a couple of days ago and thought I would join in. I have my bibs on the wall here at work with my times and what day and what race it was and you are right it does help motivate me as well. I also like it when some asks me what they are and I get to explain it.  pan head
liz A.
on 5/12/08 12:38 am
hi pan head dang man.   youre speedy. 

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  ACK!  
                                    -liz lemon

panhead58fl
on 5/12/08 7:23 am - Barboursville, WV
Not really, the last one I did there were 7 or 8 of us in the 50 - 59 age group and I thought i done pretty good. There were 3 guys ahead of me and the guy in third ran a 20 something. I just can't imagine that. it's like the kids that always win, running it in 16 or 17 minutes, Oh to have young legs again.  Congrats, on finishing your first 5K. When I first started to run I did to much to fast and I had to go back to walking on the treadmill and I kept working at it till I could do it at the highest grade on it;15%. I did that for several weeks till I built up my legs and then I started out slow and worked up to a 5K. Once I had done it on a treadmill I thought about doing it for real. I have always been blessed with strong legs.  pan head
Most Active