Weekend Workouts

Cassie W.
on 5/10/08 4:52 am
We had another beautiful day to run with just the perfect temperture Saturday morning.  We ran just short of 13 miles in 2:18 minutes.  The run was filled with intense hills so we really pushed ourselves.  Now that we're two weeks from the Buffalo Marathon, our runs will be easy ones. Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Mifiremedic
on 5/10/08 5:11 am - MI
Great job...
MaryS
on 5/10/08 7:15 am - Long Island, NY
Cassie, Great time on your 13 miles. I ran 5 miles this morning. I headed out to do a 4 mile run and the route I picked ended up being 5 miles. This is the first time I've even run further than I planned! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Linn D.
on 5/10/08 9:40 am - Missoula, MT
I went to my best friend's graduation (MS electrical engineering) today!  Walked up and down hills in heels to get to and from the car.  I know that doesn't count, but it was the most important thing to do since she lost her dad just 3 weeks ago.  Just finished doing the lawn since my parents are coming over tomorrow.  Anyway, since Thurs and Fri weren't posted, I did a spin class on Thurs and a 30 min run (TM at 6.5mph) Friday morning just before my last final.  Linn
Deanna34
on 5/10/08 10:56 am - Salem, OR
Oh my gosh, I am SOOOOOO proud to say that I got up early and went out and ran 10 miles this morning!!!!  I RAN 10. 25 MILES (to be exact!)!!!!!!  How is that even possible?  It took me just under 2 hours and I was just thrilled!  I walked the last block to my house and was crying and all a mess because I was so proud ... I think I startled a neighbor who kept looking at me like I was a sweaty lunatic walking down the street crying her eyes out!  But I was PROUD!!! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Mifiremedic
on 5/10/08 11:06 am - MI
Deanna,

Great job... That is my next goal. I want to start working on the miles toward a half marathon, and maybe a marathon in late October.. Not sure if its possible, but that is a goal of mine..

A few weeks ago, I never thought I'd be ready for a 10K this early in the season.. so who knows.

Great job......
Cassie W.
on 5/10/08 11:18 am
Congratulations Deanna!  Reaching those major milestones is so exhilarating - and the tears - just a little rehearsal before you officially conquer the half.  You are certainly ready to fly! Good luck with the rest of your training. Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Ruth A.
on 5/10/08 6:25 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Fantastic Deanna.  I cannot begin to imagine what that feels like - but I hope to one day. Bet you didn't think two years ago that you'd be running over 10 miles!!!!  What a way you have come.......

Earl C.
on 5/11/08 11:43 am - Circleville, OH
I'm back...finally. Did so much walking in Vegas I actually lost a few pounds even eating at the buffets every day. Sunday night @ work gym 10 min warm up Squats Leg Press superset calf press lunges abs with power bar. Earl
Kevin A.
on 5/11/08 11:37 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
I did 12 miles Sunday!! I ran with a running group getting ready for the Rock n Roll Marathon in San Diego in 3 weeks!! Wonder if I'm still trained enough to do another marathon??
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active