I did it!

liz A.
on 5/10/08 2:17 am
I did my first 5k!! I am honestly not sure of my time...it was a rocky start.  my friend was late...then we were in the walkers section instead of the runners section LOL  so we had to try to get up to that part...which added on minutes. the coolest part to me...other than actually finishing (  )   was that the song playing on my ipod when nearing/crossing the finish line was "perfect day" by lou reed.  and that I actually took a second to  recognize that.    it was a good morning.    now I'm going to nap. p.s.  why cant I stop sneezing??? 

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  ACK!  
                                    -liz lemon

Mifiremedic
on 5/10/08 4:22 am - MI
Congratulations Kellee.. I just checked the results page, and found a Kellee, not sure if it was you. But the one I found, looked as though it was a good time, especially with a small screw up at the beginning.. Maybe we will cross paths at the next 5 or 10K.. Be sure to sign up for another one real soon...
liz A.
on 5/10/08 4:51 am
so  the chip time is from when you step across the starting line to when you step across finish line...versus actual time which is what...when they said "go" to when cross finish line? my chip time was about what I wanted for my goal.   (goal:  40 min.  chip 41:12) so I'm taking it & running with it....hahahaha. I told my friend that its kind of like sandbagging in bowling....cause now we arent rookies & we wont  make those mistakes & we can say "look how much we improved!!!"  

-liz lemon

Mifiremedic
on 5/10/08 4:55 am - MI
Exactly, your no longer a newbie when it comes to road races. From now on, others will be following you lead when it comes to races.

So when and where is your next race?
Cassie W.
on 5/10/08 4:31 am
Congratulations on your "Perfect Day."  Crossing that finish line is such an exhilaration that you'll never forget! Hey, how was the "scenery?"  I'm sure the sneezing can't be an alergy to all those hot guys. Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Mifiremedic
on 5/10/08 4:37 am - MI
Geeshhh, and people say guys are bad... Guys are no different than women...

Ha Ha
liz A.
on 5/10/08 4:56 am
so soooo many scenic things to look at its funny the things that went through my mind while running.   kept thinking of things you guys had said.  kept picking people around me & sticking near them. realizing even the stick thin women walked from time to time. that I hiked half dome before with just one step at a time & that this was no different. that I didnt want to puke in front of the crowd  the lady.....yes lady...who won the 25k crossed the finish line then just dropped.   those people were amazing.  & all seemed very TALL.  hmmmm I still havent stopped sneezing.

-liz lemon

Mifiremedic
on 5/10/08 5:02 am - MI
At the beginning of each race, I start to get psyched out at all the "In shape" people, and think I cant hang. However each and every time, I end up passing those people and finishing ahead of them.. What a rush that is...

Scenic things? As in the new buildings downtown, right?? ha ha
MaryS
on 5/10/08 7:13 am - Long Island, NY
Congratulations - you did great! It's a thrill crossing the finish line. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

liz A.
on 5/11/08 7:50 am
thank you everyone!!  it WAS pretty cool my nephew said he'd run in next years with me.  I told him I'd do one again before then,  hes still game.   awesome.

-liz lemon

Most Active