Wednesday Workout

Linn D.
on 5/7/08 5:52 am - Missoula, MT

Had a great run this morning.  Did something of a speed workout.  I did 40 min at the fastest speed I've used in a while (6.5) then for the next 10 min increased the speed by 0.1 mph.  So it looked like this: 40 min at 6.5 then 6.6 -7.5 for the last 10 for a total run of 5.5 miles in 50 minutes.  Cool down was 6.0 for 2 min then walk at 3.5 for 3 to get my heart rate down to just over 100.  The gals at the club said, "boy you were really booking there at the end!"  I felt it, too.  My butt and hips will be a little sore tomorrow.   Linn

puddin2day
on 5/7/08 6:05 am - Los Angeles, CA
I did a 30 minute run 50 sec running/2 mins walking, not including a 10 min warm up and cool down.
Without struggle, there is no progress.

NicoleLynn
on 5/7/08 6:40 am, edited 5/7/08 12:24 pm - Minneapolis, MN
I am planning on going to my power yoga class right after work today and then I am debating another walk/run depending on how I feel after yoga.**Edited to add: I went to my yoga class and then did walk/run intervals of 2:3 for 4 miles in 1 hour!  I found a new trail to walk/run on that is really pretty, you would never know you were in the city.**  Linn~I can relate to having sore hips I felt it Monday and even a little bit yesterday after my 6 mile walk/run on Sunday night.  Today was much better though!

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Cassie W.
on 5/7/08 7:48 am

A thunderstorm cut my run short today, but I got in 3 miles in 30 minutes before thunder and lightening turned us around.  Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

liz A.
on 5/7/08 7:45 am
5 min warm up ran 5k on treadmill.  (rainy here today)  didnt walk all that much...was kind of proud of that. 5 min cooldown stretching.  need to do more stretching in a bit too.  I also need a massage.

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  ACK!  
                                    -liz lemon

Linn D.
on 5/7/08 10:24 am - Missoula, MT
I'm proud of you too!  I also like the idea of a massage.  Maybe next week after finals are over...   Linn
Rob S.
on 5/7/08 9:32 pm - DE
Another spin class last night, although this one was power intervals which leave you drained.  Stretched for a good half-hour after the class. Rob
Scott William
on 5/7/08 9:49 pm
5.4 miles 6 intervals at 2 min at appx 80% during the 5.4. Mile warm up Mile cool down.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Miko365
on 5/8/08 4:20 am - Oxnard, CA
Did a 20 mile mountain bike ride through Big Sycamore Canyon/Mugu State Park near Malibu CA.
Deanna34
on 5/8/08 8:25 am - Salem, OR
I did a 3 mile run.  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Most Active