my 1st 5k is next weekend

liz A.
on 4/29/08 10:48 pm
on may 10 & I dont feel ready.  BUT...I just keep telling myself to go, do my best & learn from it.   AND I already found another one to sign up for.   guess I just wanted to say this "out loud'....

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  ACK!  
                                    -liz lemon

MaryS
on 4/29/08 10:52 pm - Long Island, NY
I don't know if I've ever felt ready for any race - at some point you just have to get out there and give it your all.  Looks like you are at that point  It is beyond fantastic when you cross the finish line!  Best of luck.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

liz A.
on 4/29/08 10:56 pm
its "nice" to hear that you have  felt the same (not ready).   my friend whom I am running with is feeling the same.   he's very frustrated right now.   thanks!  I'm anxious but eager about it..... and cant wait to get my first #.  (I'm framing that b*tch....excuse the cussing so early in the morning.....   )

-liz lemon

wjoegreen
on 4/29/08 11:28 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
You sound ready, just don't kill yourself the day before to prove to yourself you are ready.  A light day or rest day before race day is a good thing. Another bit of advice I wish I would take from myself,...don't try anything new the day of the race.  Save the experimenting for a practice day.  Get up early enough to get some protein in 2 or 3 hours before the race, (carbs 12-18 hrs before the race), and minimize the water 1 hr before (or you'll need a pit stop). Go get'em and let us know your results and experience.  You know we thrive on each other that way!!
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
puddin2day
on 4/30/08 2:09 am - Los Angeles, CA

Kellee, You will do just fine.  Believe and trust in yourself.  Put your best foot forward and remember that you are there to finish the race.   I got faith in you. Kim

Without struggle, there is no progress.

Rob S.
on 4/30/08 2:45 am - DE
It's great to sign up and advertise.  It put a big commitment on you.  Now you just have to go out there and have some fun. Rob
kypdurran
on 4/30/08 6:03 am - Baton Rouge, LA

The best advice I can give you is to ENJOY it.   You only get your first 5K, 10K, marathon, triathlon, etc.   Go in it to COMPLETE and not to COMPETE and you'll do fine! 

Best of luck!

Chad

Deanna34
on 4/30/08 9:00 am - Salem, OR
You will do GREAT!  Don't let that self-doubt creep into your thoughts.  You can do this!  You've trained for it and you are ready!  And when it's all over with, you will be so proud that you will be signing up for MORE! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Mifiremedic
on 5/2/08 6:38 am - MI
On April 30, 2008 at 5:48 AM Pacific Time, kellee aka liz lemon wrote:
on may 10 & I dont feel ready.  BUT...I just keep telling myself to go, do my best & learn from it.   AND I already found another one to sign up for.   guess I just wanted to say this "out loud'....

The mind is a very strong Ally or eneny, depending on how you learn to deal with it. Last year before my first triathlon,it was like I had forgotten how to swim. Come to find out, it was my mind trying to tell me I couldnt complete a Sprint triathlon. But I'm happy to say, I completed and finished in the top half. 

So start telling yourself that your ready and visualize yourself crossing the finish line asking for more.

The mind is very strong, learn to harness it's power.

You'll do great.. 

liz A.
on 5/3/08 1:21 am
have you been reading "the secret" or something??  hey...are you in western or eastern MI...?  I'll guess Eastern.

-liz lemon

Most Active