8k Anybody?

camalamb
on 4/27/08 11:29 am, edited 4/27/08 12:01 pm - Greenville, SC
I made it! My first 8k WooHoo! I made it in 1hr and 38min. (I walked) I wasn't trying to win a prize or be in the top 10 or 20 for that matter I just wanted to finish to prove to myself that I could, and Thank you God I made it and I wasn't even the last one. I finished in front of about 5 or 6 other people, not bad right? I brought my own water, didn't stop or pause and kept a pretty steady pace. It was awesome! I walked most of the trail by myself me and my family got seperated because everyone was walking at their own pace. The trail was nice lots of ups and downs so it really kept my heart pumping. Don't get it twisted I'm no super woman, I made the finish line but I really really really feel it in my bum and thighs today. But all in all it was really great and I'm so glad I signed my grandmother up, who by the way cross the finish line way before I did. She really pushed me and when I tried to get out of it the night before because I didn't want to get up that early, she wasn't even trying to hear me, Thanks Mama it was Greeeeaaaaaaatttt 
Scott William
on 4/27/08 10:03 pm
Congrats on finishing.  It sounds like you had a great time.  Keep at it!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
marsheeeee
on 4/28/08 1:04 am - Jackson, MS
LOL!  I love it that your grandmother had to push you to race!  Whatever it took, that's a great achievement and I know you're proud of yourself.  Congratulations and good work! Now on to the next milestone, whatever that is...Are you up for a 10K next?  Marcia
Most Active