Weekend exercise ...

Monica P.
on 4/28/08 3:51 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

Hi! I'm new here...

I did 5 miles on Saturday morning, my first 10k is next Saturday and I'm so excited.

Did you know you could map out your run in your neighborhood online?  www.mapmyrun.com

It also includes elevation so you know if you're going to run into some hills.

Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."

- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Deanna34
on 4/28/08 4:01 am - Salem, OR
Hi Monica!  Welcome aboard!  How exciting that you have your first 10K coming up ... you'll have to post your report for us!  I do use mapmyrun.com all the time but we live in an area that has some rolling hills and it doesn't do a great job mapping an accurate elevation change here!  So sometimes I set myself up for a surprise! Hope to see you around here more! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Monica P.
on 4/28/08 4:05 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

I think I'll be around more, running seems to be all I can think about lately.

I'm jealous of your rolling hills, my neighborhood is super flat!  It's scenic though, the beach is just 100 yards from my front door.

Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."

- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Kevin A.
on 4/28/08 6:41 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
I did 6 miles in 1:17 man it was hot!! But a great run!! I decided not to do the 3 hour spin class I got a better offer to Saturday night!!

Oh Sunday I bowled 284 game!!! Best game I've bowled in years only to lost out to a 299!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Cassie W.
on 4/28/08 8:09 am
Sunday was beautiful running weather - about 50 degrees, sunny, slight breeze, and low humidity.  We did 10 miles in 1:48.  I'm hoping for a repeat next weekend for our 20-miler.   Only 27 more days 'til the Buffalo Marathon! Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

wjoegreen
on 4/29/08 11:34 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
You sound like you are doing great Cassie.  I am impressed and following your success to help motivate myself in training for my Half in Nov.  I have gotten to the 10 mile distance twice now and keep getting sick and missing days afterward.  It is like my body is rebelling.  Best of luck in the Buffalo Marathon.  I'll be cheering for you and watching for  your recap. Pictures would be good too if you were so inclined and staffed. 
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Cassie W.
on 4/30/08 9:04 am
Thanks Joe.  I know how frustrating it can be when your training plans get interrupted by injury, illness or just life in general.  For Buffalo, I built in a couple of extra weeks in my training program in case I needed to play catch up - which I had to do because I lost two weeks due to injury. I'm very excited about this marathon.  Philadelphia I ran alone.  My husband and my "running wife" will be joining me at the starting line in Buffalo for their first marathon.  We started running together over a year ago and keep each other motivated. If you can do 10 miles, you can certainly finish the half.  Even with the interruptions, you've got a good base to build upon.  Best of luck to you with your training. Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active