Weekend exercise ...

Deanna34
on 4/27/08 1:21 am - Salem, OR

Today I got up early and ran 8 miles ... took me 1:31 but that included a giant hill that I didn't know about (next time I will drive my route first to see what it's like!) and I ended up walking up the last half of it.  Overall it was a good run! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Earl C.
on 4/27/08 7:54 am, edited 4/27/08 11:50 am - Circleville, OH
Good Job Deanna. I did some yard work Sat. and a quick outdoor work out with some kettlebells and this chain thing I made up. It was nice to play around out in the sun with our dog while I worked out. Sun - working tonight but plan to hit the gym at lunch for a quick shoulder and arm workout. 8:10 pm to 8:55 pm @ work gym 5 min warm up 1 arm DB Press Cable Side Laterals Tri set Front Plate raises, Cable French press, DB Curls Push downs superset Hammer Curls Concentration curls superset 1 Arm DB extensions Have a good weekend. Earl
Linn D.
on 4/27/08 8:21 am - Missoula, MT
Well, after a 2-day hiatus, I did a good run on the treadmill this morning.  I made it 7 miles in 66 minutes with one potty break (I don't count those in my time).  Then I did my upper body workout and walked a little more with my mom (took her to the gym with me).  Once we got home and the parents left, I mowed and weed-eated  the yard.  After driving in near blizzard conditions on Friday, it was nice to have some warmer weather and a little bit of sun!  Linn
striveforhealth
on 4/27/08 9:03 am - Portsmouth, NH
Hi - I did my first 5K of the season yesterday morning!  I had to run 3 miles as part of the 10k training, so why not do it for a good cause and get a t-shirt?    The official results haven't shown up online yet, but the race clock was at 36 minutes - not sure what the seconds were.  That's 4 minutes faster than my 1st 5k last fall!!   Then later in the afternoon I did some yard work for about an hour.  Becky

Check out the video on youtube that my partner made about my WLS journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8vV0N6CxA

Linn D.
on 4/27/08 10:19 am - Missoula, MT
Nice Job, Becky!! Way to go with a great improvement over the first! Linn
striveforhealth
on 4/27/08 11:38 am - Portsmouth, NH
Yesterday's results just got posted - my time was 36:38 for an 11:48 pace!!!  Can't believe I did under 12 minutes/mile!!  The first 1/2 of the race had some small inclines and about 1/2 way through there was a nice little hill that I've only ran down previously.  I ran all the way up it then took a brief walk break and there was a water stop (good excuse to walk for a minute!).  This was a good start!! This week we continue the 10K training and have 3 runs, and I'll do another 5K race next Saturday.  It's the first of a Road Race series in the area - if you do 6 out of 8 races (including a 10K) you get a really cool running jacket.  Can't wait to post a picture of me in that jacket! 

Check out the video on youtube that my partner made about my WLS journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8vV0N6CxA

Deanna34
on 4/27/08 12:54 pm - Salem, OR
Becky, you did a GREAT job on your race!!!  That is awesome!  I would be all about getting that jacket!  You will totally deserve it ... and I do want to see a picture of you in it! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Rob S.
on 4/27/08 10:50 pm - DE
Saturday we went up to Lockhaven, PA to visit my nephew.  He has a nice old house on 24-acres that overlooks the Susquehana River.  So in the evening I ran along the river to the university and back for a total of four miles.   A little humid but not too bad. Sunday I got up real early and ran along the river for 8 miles.  It was gorgeous.  Did a little cyclig in the afternoon before we drove home. Rob
wjoegreen
on 4/28/08 2:08 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Good job on your 8 miler,....with a hill ,....at the end.  You are brutal!! Good time too.  You are really getting after that half preparation stuff.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
stitch0102
on 4/28/08 3:17 am - Jersey Shore, PA
I did a half hour, 2-mile walk on Friday and not a blessed thing the rest of the weekend.  I just needed a break and it felt great.  I did cut the grass for about an hour Saturday afternoon but that was it.  Of course today I feel lousy and "guilty" and can't wait to get to the gym tonight.  And it's raining around here so outside activity is on hold.  I just don't like walking/jogging in the rain anymore.

September 2006...415 lbs.
April 12, 2007...surgery...285 lbs.    Goal...210     Current...181

Most Active