Lap band ports and ab work

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/08 1:51 am
Does anyone know if there is an issue with tearing the port in an adjustable lap-band if you do abdominal work? I have just recently started my workout routine but I am afraid of dislodging the port off of the abdominal muscle. Has this happened to anyone?
Kirsten :-)
on 4/24/08 5:35 am - Agoura Hills, CA
I was told to wait 8 weeks before starting ab work....to give a chance for the sutures on the muscle where the port is to heal.  After healing....I was told that working the abs is fine!
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/08 8:42 am
Cool, thanks. Right now I am staying away from core and focusing on leggs, chest, and arms.
screager
on 4/24/08 10:39 am - Harrison, AR
I am 18 months post op, and work out everyday with a trainer and I do all the muscle groups, and I have not had any issues.  Good luck, and exercise is the key. Stephanie
Im2Seksi4MyFat
on 4/24/08 11:32 am - OH

I was banded in November of last year and I have no problems with doing ab work.

"Your BANDestiny is in your own hands!"
Status: Highest weight 378  Prebanding 299.6 Current Weight 244.2
K B (Tucson)
on 4/24/08 3:29 pm - Tucson, AZ
I had absolutely no problems here.  Use your body's reaction to ab work as your guide as to how much work you can tolerate as a new post-op.  After you are fully healed, you should have no issues with any excercise.  You really won't see or feel your port until you have lost mucho weight.
Most Active