Losing Belly Fat

Angi P.
on 4/22/08 4:13 am - Moulton, AL
I had gastric bypass surgery almost a year ago, and have done really well, with weight loss totals at 170 lbs.  I'm extremely happy, but am still having a hard time with losing belly fat.  My stomach is still very fatty, no loose skin at all.  How do I lose the fat so I can be considered for a tummy tuck?  Any suggestions?   Thanks! Angi Parker
wjoegreen
on 4/22/08 5:36 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Walking and running have done wonders for me, even though I am not still where I hope to get too in that regard myself.  I did go from a 60 waist to a 40 but still have aspirations of seeing 36. Running also hardened me up some too. I had lost down to 224 from 408 and with running over a year have gone back up to 238 and can't seem to consistently tget down again, but I haven't quit yet.  I am 19 months out and the magic window is obviously over, so it is all about proper nutrition and burning more calories than I'm taking in,.....back to the real world.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
stitch0102
on 4/22/08 5:46 am - Jersey Shore, PA
Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce.  Fat comes off only with overall caloric restriction or an increase in exercise.  That said, you can do toning which will give the illusion of a smaller body part.  I've been blessed in that my excess skin isn't that bad.  But I did develop an orange size ball of fat on either side of my belly button.  Looks pretty gross.  I just keep doing what I've been doing.  Maiontain a good level of cardio and strength training.  Train your abs like other muscles.  High reps don't always work.  Use moderate rep levels with resistance.

September 2006...415 lbs.
April 12, 2007...surgery...285 lbs.    Goal...210     Current...181

Linn D.
on 4/22/08 7:24 am - Missoula, MT
Some of us are just prone to have belly fat.  I do.  It's the first to come on and the last to come off.  If you continue to lose weight it will come off, but it's slow.  I'd still like to lose a few inches around my waist, but it may never happen.  If you saw any of my race photos, you'd see that I still have a pretty thick waist to go with the large legs.  Linn
Most Active