Tuesday's Workout

Sporty Jill
on 4/21/08 10:23 pm - Norfolk, VA
Well...I guess I will get the ball rolling, here....... I have a strained pec muscles which is making it difficult for me to run (I cannot catch my breath without it hurting) so Instead I will be walking as hard as I can without discomfort.  Then, some lower body work and mild stretching. How about you????

Certified Personal Trainer

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna
Beginning Weight: 265  Current Weight:143 
So I run like a Girl....now keep up! 

Kevin A.
on 4/22/08 12:51 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
I'm still recoving from Body Pump and Spin Class back to back!! I woke up even more sore than yesterday!! But I ran 2 miles and did arms and shoulders!! I feel better now I work out the kinks!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Linn D.
on 4/22/08 9:48 am - Missoula, MT
I did one of my favorite things - Spin Class!  There's a new instructor at the time I go and she's pretty good.  I've had her twice now and both were fantastic workouts.  Linn
Linn D.
on 4/22/08 9:53 am - Missoula, MT
About 18 months ago I was driving in a snowstorm and ended up with a very sore neck.  I could barely walk a mile without so much pain I was about in tears.  I understand where you're coming from and wish you a quick recovery.  Linn
Cassie W.
on 4/22/08 11:18 am

I ran a quick 4 miles today.   My employer is going to be offering discounted gym memberships next month.  With all your enthusiasm about spinning, I may just have to sign up to mix things up a bit.  I'd love to be able to lose those last 10 pounds to reach my goal of 120.  I just don't think I'll get there with running alone. Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Rob S.
on 4/22/08 11:39 am, edited 4/22/08 11:39 am - DE
Ran 3-miles in  a new park area today.  Actually felt winded.  Need to go get some new shoes soon.  Tomorrow is a tough decision, it's the Ronald McDonald House 5k or my favorite spin class during the week.  Oh the choices we are forced to make. Rob
striveforhealth
on 4/22/08 11:48 am - Portsmouth, NH
I did 3 miles today with the 10K training group I'm with - I ran the whole way this time - yea!!!  I realized the "need to walk" idea was all in my head, not in my body.  Today I started out with a visual of the point in the run I wanted to get to without walking.  I got to that point, then just decided to keep going.  I basically gave my self permission to walk if my BODY needed to - not my mind.  And...I didn't look at my watch the whole time - that helped too. Thursday we do 3.5 miles - the longest I've ever ran.

Check out the video on youtube that my partner made about my WLS journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8vV0N6CxA

Linn D.
on 4/22/08 2:06 pm - Missoula, MT
You're doing so well!  I love to hear how things are coming along for you.  This first one is just that - the first.  Your confidence continues to grow, and the miles will come easier and easier.  Linn
Earl C.
on 4/22/08 1:02 pm - Circleville, OH
Just walking off some soreness and enjoying the Sun today. walked 45 min before work walked 30 min during lunch break. Earl
Most Active