I feel sluggish.

Im2Seksi4MyFat
on 4/21/08 12:12 pm, edited 4/21/08 12:23 pm - OH
The Past week I have felt sluggish during my workouts. I push myself hard but I feel like I'm sludgy and slow. I have energy  and am not tired  but I run out of steam while working out. Any Ideas how I can get a pick me up? Are there supliments that I could take before working out or other ideas?
"Your BANDestiny is in your own hands!"
Status: Highest weight 378  Prebanding 299.6 Current Weight 244.2
Linn D.
on 4/21/08 12:29 pm - Missoula, MT
We all have those weeks.  Sometimes it's a signal to go a little easier for a week.  Most training programs build in recovery weeks after every 3-4 weeks of increasing time or distance because we just need it every now and again.  That may not be it, but that would be my first guess.  I also get that way sometimes when my iron is low.  Linn
Veg_nRN
on 4/21/08 5:42 pm - Glen Burnie, MD
Okay, a little personal note here but think about where you are in your monthly cycle.  Most of us have a week either right before or after where our bodies are a little "preoccupied" and makes it harder to push ourselves to the max which face it, exercise is just that.  Don't beat yourself up and give yourself permission to lighten up a little for a few days when your body is giving you that hint.  Also you could try upping your protein and water a little, you could be anemic or dehydrated.  Hope it helps!
~Bonnie "You will be assimilated, resistance is futile." - the Borg

Starting Weight: 315 lbs

Current Weight: 187 lbs
Goal Weight:  145ish lbs
Veg_nRN
on 4/21/08 5:43 pm - Glen Burnie, MD
Most Active