If you overdo it ?

~ Lexipro ~
on 4/20/08 2:52 am - SC
I overdid the workout yesterday. Today I HURT, enough to know its not just the pleasant "oh i used that muscle" satisfaction aches. I took a hot bath and feel better (at least mobile now) but I'm wonderin what everyone else does if they overdo it?

Lexi -  Size 6-8 and holding.

Earl C.
on 4/20/08 9:00 am - Circleville, OH
Sometimes all you can do is rest. I do like to walk for what I call Active recovery. Just moving around a little and greasing the gears. In bodybuilding they will sometimes do what's called feeder workouts. Just light 1 or 2 sets, high rep sets to get more blood in the muscle. Blood feeds recovery.
~ Lexipro ~
on 4/20/08 9:22 am - SC
Thanks Earl :****pt it light today just walked the dog and soaked in the tub. Tomorrow when I go back I will try that, just easy weight lotsa reps. I don't want to get out of routine just cause im sore you know?

Lexi -  Size 6-8 and holding.

Im2Seksi4MyFat
on 4/20/08 12:30 pm - OH
I found out if I keep moving I feel better and I can work thru the soreness if I continue my workouts. Also I found Ironman muscle cream and it really does help with the aches and pains associated with working out.  Hope you feel better soon. Juli
"Your BANDestiny is in your own hands!"
Status: Highest weight 378  Prebanding 299.6 Current Weight 244.2
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/08 12:40 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
Depends on how bad I hurt.  When it's what you describe - the good kind of soreness - I do what Earl does, which is a lower intensity type of cardio - walking, biking, etc.  That gets your muscles warmed up a bit without a lot of pressure.  When I'm done with that "easy" cardio, I'll then stretch for 10-20 minutes if it feels comfortable to do so.  Finally, if I'm really sore, I'll take some Tylenol, but usually the light cardio and stretching does it for me.   Hope you feel better soon!!! Kellie
Sarah M.
on 4/21/08 9:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
I just grin and keep pushing. Not because I'm a masochist, but because I'm lazy and it's so damn hard to get myself started again once I stop.

Sarah M.
Most Active