YOUR first 5k

Deanna34
on 4/21/08 1:54 am - Salem, OR
My first 5K time was 32:29.  I ran it with a friend who literally was telling me to keep going, don't stop!  It if weren't for her, I would have stopped to walk!  That was my best 5K time ever, thanks to her!  All my other 5Ks were done between 33-34 minutes.  It's amazing how much you can push yourself if you get it in your mind not to give up.  You can do it!!! --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

puddin2day
on 4/21/08 2:18 am - Los Angeles, CA
My first 5K I completed was at the L.A. Marathon, this past March.  I did it in 59:56, cold with no training and walked all the way.  The second one (Derby Day) earlier this month I completed in 50:45.  The third one (UCLA) --two weekends ago, I completed in 45:21.
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Im2Seksi4MyFat
on 4/21/08 1:29 pm - OH
I'm just dreaming of the day when I can run a 5k. Right now just weeks into the Couch to 5k program its seems like forever away. I keep pushing myself and right now running more than 2 minutes is a chore but I am determined I WILL do this! Do any of you remember what it was like starting out?
"Your BANDestiny is in your own hands!"
Status: Highest weight 378  Prebanding 299.6 Current Weight 244.2
wbfine
on 4/22/08 8:35 am - Franklin, MA
I also went through the Couch To 5K program (started in January) and "graduated" by running the Ras Na hEierann USA 5K race in Somerville, MA on March 16th.  'Twas a lovely spring morning........about 37 degrees, overcast and breezy, but it was an amazing day for me.  Just being able to run that far was something that was just a "pipe dream" a year previous.  The time I posted (30:12) was and still is my PR, as I have yet to run another 5K, but I completed the 94th Annual Patriots Day 5 Mile Road Race in Lexington, MA yesterday morning in 45:24, so I think I'm getting faster.  I'll be doing another 5K this coming Sunday and I'm hoping to bring it in under 27 minutes.

Most Active