Severe joint pain AFTER WLS!!

Veg_nRN
on 4/15/08 5:29 pm - Glen Burnie, MD
I wanted to know if anyone else is having this problem.  My story, I had RNY 6 months ago and lost 115 lbs, I exercise every day (30-40 min treadmill) but now for the first time in my life I have AWFUL joint pain.  I feel like I'm bigger than before and twice as old.  My knees, back, etc ache so bad, I know it's normal to have some physical issues because I am exercising regularly for the first time in my life but come on, this feels really abnormal.  Just wondering if this is something that other people have gone through and if so what can be done about it since we can't take NSAIDS it kinda sucks!  Thanks for listening to me whine.
~Bonnie "You will be assimilated, resistance is futile." - the Borg

Starting Weight: 315 lbs

Current Weight: 187 lbs
Goal Weight:  145ish lbs
Scott William
on 4/15/08 9:16 pm
I have been on these boards for about two and a half years religiously and this is the first that I have ever heard of this.  I have no clue what it could be.  I hate to take the easy way out but have you spoken to your surgeon about it?  It could be one of those, "well your body is just changing", answers.   I take glucosamine and congroiton pills and a calcium supplement.  Perhaps something like that would help.   ...oh, and pardon the spelling.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
KTBee
on 4/16/08 2:18 am
Scott is right about checking with your surgeon.  How was your blood work for your 6 month check up?  Besides asking about your hydration levels, I will say that my chiropractor warned me that I might experience what you are describing.  I didn't but he said that he had seen it in patients because of the rearranging of your body so rapidly.  I don't know if you are a believer in chiropractic but it might be worth a try to see if you can get some relief. Katy
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/08 1:54 am
My knees and ankles pop more now then they did before.  I am trying to increase my calve and leg muscles to see if that takes more pressure off of them.
Most Active