Any LUCK reducing sagging skin????

Talia
on 4/14/08 2:19 am - LA
I am only 9 weeks out and I started walking 3 weeks out of surgery. I am begininng to notice where some potential sagging skin may be a problem. My start weight at surgery was 283lbs and I am 236lbs as of today. I have been morbid obese for 5 or 6 years. Any assistance would be helpful?
Linn D.
on 4/14/08 3:31 am - Missoula, MT

You won't like what I have to say, but I don't think there's much hope.  I rely on a sports bra and a long bra top to run in for support because of sag.  My ass still hangs out of my underwear, and my belly button still frowns all these years later (4+ years post-op and 3 years as a runner).  I am also very active and have toned muscles, but there isn't much to help the skin.  I just know that I jiggle when I jog.   Linn

Jean M.
on 4/14/08 8:55 am
Revision on 08/16/12
It's awfully hard to predict how massive weight loss will affect your skin.  I think it depends on your age (skin loses elasticity with age), genetics, hormones, how long you were obese, how overweight you were, whether you exercise, whether you have had pregnancies or abdominal surgery, or some combination of those factors. I am 54 and was obese for 20 years.  I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago but I have pretty good skin genetics.  I have been walking daily and exercising at Curves 3 times a week since surgery, and have sagging skin on my upper arms and lower abdomen.  I'm afraid only plastic surgery (which I really can't afford) will get rid of it, but I'm determined to do my best to minimize it with increased exercise (including weight training at a real gym instead of Curves). Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Sarah M.
on 4/18/08 2:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
What are you tryting to do in terms of nutrition to improve the condition of your skin?

Sarah M.
Most Active