UCLA 5K

puddin2day
on 4/13/08 11:47 pm - Los Angeles, CA
On Saturday,  I did their 5K to benefit their children's hospital.  So many organizational problems.  In days prior I had called and sent emails inquiring about the registration.  No one called me bac****il last Thursday.  I was told that I could sign up in Santa Monica (Adidas store) from 10 to 6 on Saturday.  I got to the store at 5:30 and the staff told me that they had left around 5pm.  That meant I had to get up extra early to register.  Once I got there, no problems registering. I paid for VIP food (unlimited sandwitches and water) and the girl who signed me up did not give me a wristband. She was too lazy to get up and get them (they were on another table).  After the run, the girl at the VIP food table did not know that people w/ the wristband was entitled to that food, so she had sent me away.  I bumped into the coordinator ,  told her what had happened and she walked me back over to the table.  She told both ladies that the food they had was for people who was wearing the wristband like mine.  I got my food / water and went on my business.  I bet you thought that this is gripe post.  Not entirely!!!  It was a great race.  My time was 45:21!!!!  That was 5 mins and 14 secs. faster than Derby Day last week.   I have to say that while I was embarrassed to have all of those college kids run past me in the beginning, later in the run, I had seen some of those same kids walking , huffing and puffing.   I had to remind myself that I was not there to win , but to beat my time.  I did!!!  I have to say that I was not out of breath by the end of the run either.   Just wanted to share. Kim 
Without struggle, there is no progress.

wjoegreen
on 4/14/08 12:35 am - Colonial Heights, VA
You are always racing against yourself and your PR.  Everyone else is just there to keep you  motivated and have someone to catch or pass.  Great accomplishment and job well done.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
puddin2day
on 4/14/08 1:11 am - Los Angeles, CA
You are so right!!!  Thank you so much.

Kevin A.
on 4/14/08 12:52 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
We have created a monster!!!

You go girl!!! Your doing so great!! I'm very proud of you!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
puddin2day
on 4/14/08 1:10 am, edited 4/14/08 1:20 am - Los Angeles, CA
Thank you and yes you and Kirsten has created a mini, running monster.   Kim

Linn D.
on 4/14/08 9:20 pm - Missoula, MT
Hey Kim, I'm so very proud of you!  It is wonderful to see the progress, and it only gets better with time.  Linn
puddin2day
on 4/15/08 5:24 am - Los Angeles, CA
That is what I hear Linn.  Thank you.

MaryS
on 4/15/08 12:52 am - Long Island, NY

Kim, Wow, congrats on the great time.  Keep up the great work.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

puddin2day
on 4/15/08 5:21 am - Los Angeles, CA
Thank you, Mary.

Most Active