dumbbell set question

~ Stylz ~
on 4/13/08 7:57 am, edited 4/13/08 8:25 am - North of Boston, MA
hi everyone, I've recently started dumbbell sets and wanted to see what people thought about the routine, to make sure I'm working enough muscles and in all areas. I recently found out my body fat is 26%, my goal is to reduce body fat by 2-4%.  I work at a college and the trainer in the fitness center put this together.  What do you think of it? The only lower body exercise I'm currently getting is walking, calf raises and stair climbing.  I have sciatic nerve problems and its been acting up over the past couple weeks so I can't do lunges or dead lifts or anything like that for now. This is what I've been given as a routine (7 lb dumbbells, high reps, low sets.  Not trying to turn into a super hero, just want to tone and get some definition ):

15 x 3 counter push ups                                                                        15 x 3 reverse wrist curls         

15 x 3 calf raises                                                                                  15 x 3 rear delt rows

15 x 3 trap raises                                                                                  15 x 3 wrist rotations

15 x 3 bicep curls      15 x 3 side lat raises

15 x 3 over head tricep extension                                                           15 x 3 hammer curls

15 x 3 front lat raises                                                                                   15 x 3 wrist curls 15 min walk up hill at break 20 min walk up hill at lunch any thoughts on this?  thanks in advance for your input :)

~Stylz~  
post - op 261.2/current 124.2/goal 125

~~~  down 137 pounds  ~~~

LESS HALF THE PERSON I USE TO BE 

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

Earl C.
on 4/13/08 2:18 pm - Circleville, OH
It's a good place to start especially with your limitations. I didn't see any real upper back or Lat work but he's probably watching your back issues. You really have to get rid of that "just want to tone" mindset. You'll never get past the beginner's stage and see real results with that mindset. Earl
~ Stylz ~
on 4/13/08 10:46 pm - North of Boston, MA
thanks Earl,  good point!  Can't wait unilt my back issues are gone so I can focus on the big picture. thanks again :)

~Stylz~  

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

wjoegreen
on 4/14/08 12:38 am - Colonial Heights, VA
You start with that and stay with it regular,... and you should be ready to progress in no more than 2 weeks.  Go get'em tiger!!!
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
~ Stylz ~
on 4/14/08 3:08 am - North of Boston, MA
thanks Joe!

~Stylz~  

Most Active