Sunday workout!

Rob S.
on 4/13/08 4:16 am - DE
I ran a 5k today.  It was real cold and what a thought was a fairly flat race was peppered with a lot of gradual hills.  Anyhow, I finished, but didn't do particulary well on time dropping back to 29:45.  My lungs actually feel like crap now.  On the positive side, I actually medalled for the first time, coming in second in my age bracket (50-59).  Thank goodness for low attendance, since most of the fast rabbits either participated in races on Saturday, or just decided to sleep in. The great thing about medalling in this race, is that it was the inagural PMRI 5k Sugar Free Walk/Run Race.  The race was sponsored by Christiana Hospital's Rehab and Weight Loss Center, with all proceeds going to diabetes education.  Since this is the hospital and center where I had my surgery and gastric bypass education it meant a lot to participate in the event.  Five years ago I could barely walk into the building, and today I'm running near the front of the pack.   It was pleasing to see a few of the directors and nutritionists out at the event.  There were also about 10 vendors from various diabetic concerns at the event, with nice giveaways and educational pamphlets. After finishing I walked back about a mile to walk-back with some RNY-walkers who came out for the event.  I love to see people participate and do whatever they can do. Got to get back to work on my tempo running now. Rob
Chris Zane
on 4/13/08 5:44 am
I ran/walked on the treadmill for about 40 minutes.  My goal this week is to start slowly increasing my time on the treadmill (or if it every warms up, outside).  I've been pretty much sticking to 30 minutes per workout, but I think I need to step it up a little bit.
Linn D.
on 4/13/08 6:44 am - Missoula, MT
That's pretty cool, Rob!  Congratulations! I'm just resting today.  I need to figure out what I'm training for next before I get going.  I think I'm doing a half-marathon June 6 with my folks, so I'll have to pick up the distances.  I wasn't concentrating on distance running while training for the Tri, so it will take some getting used to again.  I'd also like to do some 10k's and maybe another tri or two.  I didn't do particularly well yesterday, but I haven't given up on it yet.. Linn
liz A.
on 4/13/08 8:36 am
I ran/walked (mostly walked honestly....) the actual 5k course I will be doing in may....wanted to get a feel for the hills etc.  & its not far from my house so I went. I found myself correcting a LOT of negative thoughts going through my head.  sooooo while it took me FOREVER.....50 min (had dog with me, who insists on peeing on EVERYTHING, stoplights, people asking me for directions, and me being  generally slow)   I got a feel for it, got off my arse & practiced positive self talk & blocking out those inner demons that wanted to come get me....*gives them the finger*  I've got lots of work to do, but I"m chalking this one up as a good day. 

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  ACK!  
                                    -liz lemon

Earl C.
on 4/13/08 2:22 pm - Circleville, OH
Congratulations Rob! Sunday Moved box after box after box of books and office supplies at work for about 3 hours. That plus hooking up my computer at work pretty much destroyed my lower back. 8:45 pm to 10:25 pm @ work gym back still destroyed but warmed up and had a really good leg workout 10 min warm up Suspended Squats Squat lockouts lunges leg press walked treadmill 30 min Earl
MaryS
on 4/13/08 10:51 pm - Long Island, NY
Rob, That is super!  What a great accomplishment for you - just amazing to think how far you have come! I did a 10 mile MS walk and a dance lesson.   Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/08 11:38 pm - Island Heights, NJ
Oooo... Rob, takin' home some hardware ... Nice!

Sunday Workout:
Did a double session.
Nice weather got me outside on the bike in the morning.
40 Miles ? 2 Hrs 20 Min... Right around a 17.5 MPG Average.

Hit the gym in the afternoon for 45 Minutes of Active Stretching & Core Training and 45 Minutes of Weight / Strength Training: Chest, Tri, Bi, Shoulders & Back.

Be Well,
A.J.
wjoegreen
on 4/14/08 12:29 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Congrads on the placing and medal, even if you weren't having a stellar personal best,...you finished and it paid off for you.   I did 3.5 at a bit faster pace than usual following my 7.5 without walking revitalizing jaunt Saturday.  I'm taking Monday off unless the weather permits a 60 min battle witha bucket of golf balls at lunch on the driving range.  
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Most Active