Nestle Beverage's 10 Miler - Race Report

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/08 4:48 am - Island Heights, NJ
A little over a week ago, I ran in a nice (and freakin' cold) 10 Mile race... And finally found the time to write a Race Report.

For anyone interested, as usual, I've posted it to my Online Triathlon / Race Journal... along with a new "Off-Season" post as well,

http://maximumcat.livejournal.com/

Be Well,
A.J.
Rob S.
on 4/8/08 5:13 am - DE
A.J., its great to have you posting again.  Your reports are awesome.  Hope your knees are better this season.  I'm dealing with calf pain after my runs that I have to figure out, so if you have any ideas just let me know. This should be a great year. Rob
wjoegreen
on 4/8/08 11:54 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Yo Rob,....I added a magnesium supplement to my regime that helped me with my calf pain that bothered me most when I tried to sleep.   AJ! Dude,......I was begining to think you drowned or got a sponsor and didn't need us little people anymore.   Good to see you're still out there hammering folks.  Thanks for the post and race recap. I'm not sure which I appreciate more,...your inspiring progress and activity or the race experience recaps. Keep rockin AJ. Joe
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
kypdurran
on 4/9/08 2:54 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Good deal man.   Congrats.

What tris are you doing this year?   If you ever do any down south let me know. :)

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/08 4:51 am - Island Heights, NJ
Hey Chad...

My "A" race for this season is Eagleman 70.3 in Maryland... Second weekend in June. Most likely, that's the farthest south I'll be racing this year. I'm gonna see how I do and assess the rest of the season from there.

By the way... Did you know that they're announcing this year's Kona Lottery winners during the 70.3 Championship TV broadcast this Saturday? Let's keep our fingers crossed!

I've got Full Distance IronMan on he radar for the 2009 season.
Looking at Wisconsin, Louisville or Florida... That is, unless, Kona come-a-callin'.
I guess I'll know by Saturday if I'll be spending every waking moment in training for the next 6 months...

Be Well,
A.J.
kypdurran
on 4/10/08 12:38 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

My first 70.3 will be the Great Florida Challenge in Clearmont at the end of October.  I'm signed up for a whole mess of Olys and sprints between now and then.   Next 'big' one will be the innaugeral 70.3 Ironman event in New Orleans in April 2009 followed by my first full at IMFL in November 2009.  I'm volunteering for the event this year and in doing so they let you get in line the following morning and register for the next year's event.   A perfect world would have me getting in the lottery for Kona in 2010 but you know how that goes.  Would be cool if both you and I got into IMFL next year.   :)

Swimming is still my weakest event...  or rather open water swimming is my weakest event.  I'm joining a masters swim class this summer that will focusing on triathlon endurance swimming so hopefully I'll be able to improve my stroke.  

Good luck this season.

Chad

Most Active