Derby Day 5K Results

Cassie W.
on 4/6/08 7:44 am

Congratulations on the first of many 5K runs.  That first one gets you hooked and the hunt begins for the next one.

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

puddin2day
on 4/6/08 12:46 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Cassie,  You just don't know the half of it.  I just downloaded the application form for the Santa Monica Classic that will take place on May 4th.   Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

MaryS
on 4/6/08 9:13 am - Long Island, NY
Woo hoo Kevin - great job on improving your time over last year.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

puddin2day
on 4/6/08 12:55 pm - Los Angeles, CA
THank you, my friend.  As long as I live in CA and is in good health, I will always run Derby Day.  Such beautiful scenery.   Yes, what a difference a year makes.  You really shaved off some serious time. Talk to you later (Derby Day Champion)!!!!!!!!!!! Kim

Kirsten :-)
on 4/7/08 7:11 am - Agoura Hills, CA
Don't worry....I'll get you one of these days!     Either that or I'll have to dare you to a longer race.  When you are starting to get tired, that's just when I get in my groove!!!!!!!! 
Chris Zane
on 4/6/08 8:26 am
Way to go Kim!!  What a huge decrease over your previous 5k time.  Keep at it and you'll be breaking your own record again.  Also, good idea trying different walk/run patterns out - find the one that works for you.
puddin2day
on 4/6/08 12:59 pm - Los Angeles, CA

Zoe, Right now I am using Jeff Galloway's run/walk method.  I am going to keep doing that unless I find something better.  Breaking my own record is my personal goal.   Thank you for the congrats. Kim

MaryS
on 4/6/08 9:12 am - Long Island, NY
Kim, Great job - you took a lot of time off the 5k at the LA marathon!  I can't wait to hear about next year's race and how much you will have improved your time! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

puddin2day
on 4/6/08 12:57 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Mary,  You won't have to wait until next year.  With every race, I plan to make some type of improvement.   Kim

frueta
on 4/7/08 11:16 am

Great job.  Congratulations on beating your time.  Next race you will be even faster!!

Most Active