RMR - results - help?

Britt
on 4/4/08 8:04 am, edited 4/5/08 12:28 am - Long Island, NY

after speaking with a few people who are familiar with these #'s I have made a few adjustments - with my lifestyle and activity level

Here are the #"s 

RMR was 1570

I said my lifestyle which equals 1.8 mets  

1570 (RMR) X .190 (FACTOR) =  298.3

298.3 + 1570 = 1868.3 (TOTAL ENERGY EXPENDITURE BEFORE EXERCISE)   

2100 (# of calories on average burned per week with exercise)   

300 (calories on aver per day burned per day with exercise)  

300 (calories burned per day) + 1868 (total energy before exercise ) =  2168 (TOTAL ENERGY METABOLISM)   

So if I do not exercise I should take in 1868 to maintain my weight. 

If I do exercise I should take in 2168 to maintain my weight. 

I had the test done last on 9/20/07 at my surgeons office using the Ree/Vue indirect caloricmeter...

the results then were 
maintenance zone was 1973 to 2564
weight loss zone was 1579 to 1973

I don't know ???????
  So confusing!!!!!!!

But ... I was 140 - now I'm 147 - I would really like to be 138 so ... so If I want to lose do it eat between 868 -1168????

Is this correct??? 
What do *you*  think ??????????

But those are the numbers. I will havet o talk to a few people and do a bit more research and see what I find.

What people are suggesting ...

* Eat at my RMR 1570 - to lose than once where I am at where I want to be slowly add to find my *sweet spot* the # where *I* maintain.

* Calorie Cycling - 

* My nutritionist says whatever i am eatting currently subtract 500 calories a day to lose.

any help would be appreciated

thanks,  Britt      

Nothing - tastes as good as it feels -to be at my ideal weight :)    
Lap RNY 11-6-06
at goal 10-6-07 - Attacking my regain 2013
                        Mommy to 3 princesses ~ Wife to Paul

I'm a "before and after" in OH magazine (January / February 2008)

Deanna34
on 4/4/08 8:23 am - Salem, OR

Hi Britt!

I am so right there with you!  My RMR is 1899 and I exercise a lot.  Which puts my needed calories slightly higher than yours and I do eat below that amount and still have put back on 7 pounds.  I'm FRUSTRATED!  I honestly don't know what to tell you because I'm still trying to figure out what the heck to do too!  My doctor and nut suggested increasing my calories but I'm struggling to do that.   I don't have any advice but wanted you to know I'm exactly in the same position you are!  Oh, and I'm a stay at home Mom too!

--Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Britt
on 4/4/08 8:30 am - Long Island, NY
Thanks Deana !  It really can make you nuts yesterday and today i was techinacally 1500 cals deficient from what the #'s say today burned 475 at the gym AND i am not losing  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR upping my calories is scary!  I'd rather be on liquids  I know I lose then  I would love to know the answer thanks!

Nothing - tastes as good as it feels -to be at my ideal weight :)    
Lap RNY 11-6-06
at goal 10-6-07 - Attacking my regain 2013
                        Mommy to 3 princesses ~ Wife to Paul

I'm a "before and after" in OH magazine (January / February 2008)

Most Active