10 Days to the MS150

donnainhouston
on 4/3/08 2:06 am - League City, TX
I've taken on other physical challenges before, but this one is probably the most challenging. On April 12th I'll be doing my First MS150, riding 152 miles, from Houston to Austin, TX. I just needed to share this somewhere.  This is one of those events  only thought about dong, ever so briefly, and for the first time I can actually see myself crossing the Finish. I'm as anxious as I am excited.  Donna
Rob S.
on 4/3/08 5:52 am - DE

Best of luck to you.  I have done the MS150 Bike to the Bay (Dover to Rehobeth, DE and back) for the last four years.  It is a great ride, and a great opportunity to meet people and have fun.  The first year was just the thrill of completing the ride.  Now each year is about getting close to or under the three hour mark.  You'll do fine.  Take advantage of all the break stops on the way. Keep us posted!  I haven't even gotten my bike out for my first ride this year. Rob

donnainhouston
on 4/3/08 5:57 am - League City, TX
3 hours?  That would mean that for 80 miles a day you're averaging 44 mph?  You must mean 3 hours to the lunch break?   I'm pokey compared to others... my average speed is about 14 mph... and that's with only light wind!  Went out on a 50 mile ride saturday and averaged only 12.6 -- but I had ridden 50 in the hils the day before, so my legs had very little left. Get that bike out!  :)  As a matter of fact, I'm on my way to go ride -- got some new tires I'm looking forward to trying out. Later! Donna
Rob S.
on 4/3/08 10:35 am - DE
Our MS ride is a 2-day event.  75-down and 75-back.  You spend the first night at a massive party down on the beach.  So don't fret we average 22-26 mph into the wind. Since I'm fascinated with my running endeavors right now the bike sort of gets second fiddle. Have fun pedaling. Rob
Most Active