1/2 Marathon San Antonio

Amanda K.
on 4/2/08 11:18 am - Leesburg, VA
Hi Everyone - Anyone running the San Antonio 1/2 Marathon in Novemeber?
 Amanda  

Linn D.
on 4/2/08 11:21 am - Missoula, MT
Is this the new Rock and Roll one?  I can't remember when that one is.  I have thought about it, but it will depend on my school schedule.  I'm planning on doing the Rock and Roll Arizona full marathon again in January, so a half at that time might be good. Linn
Amanda K.
on 4/2/08 11:23 am - Leesburg, VA
It is, It is!!! :)  http://www.rnrsa.com/home.html Let me know how Arizona is! or Was since you ran it before... isn't it HOT???
 Amanda  

Linn D.
on 4/3/08 1:21 am - Missoula, MT
Arizona was in January, and the weather was fantastic!  Began at 45 ended at 65 degrees since it took me 5.5 hours to finish. If I do this in San Antonio, it would only be the half since I plan on trying to do the full again the following January in Phoenix.  I really like the Rock and Roll.  There is always a lot of crowd support and bands and plenty of porta pots.  They are also managed well. I'll post when the time comes if I decide to go.  I've never been to Texas, so it might be a fun trip. Linn
Amanda K.
on 4/3/08 2:21 am - Leesburg, VA
Linn - I couldn't agree more about the Rock and Roll events! I've done the VA Beach 1/2 and the Country Music Marathon 1/2.   I'm just doing the 1/2 in San Antonio...... as we are making it a vacation too. We have friends in Houston. Let me know if you decide to go :) Have you checked out their "heavy or special" metals you get for completing their different races in one calendar year... ???
 Amanda  

Linn D.
on 4/3/08 5:14 am - Missoula, MT
I HAVE checked out the extra medals they send out if you do multiple events in a year.  This year in Arizona they were trying to get more people to enter the marathon and gave a special medal for those who finished the half last year and the full this year.  They called it the 'Desert Star.'  Living in Montana it's pretty hard for me to make it to some of the other events with air fare being so high.  My parents live in Arizona so I stay with them when I do that race and get my plane ticket really early when the prices are a lot lower.   I will post, though, when I decide. Linn
wjoegreen
on 4/2/08 11:44 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
You gonna be in Texas or traveling for that? We have the Suntrust marathon and half-marathon in Richmond, Saturday Nov 15, 08. I am seriously considering it as a goal, it would be my first half marathon. Joe
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Amanda K.
on 4/3/08 2:18 am - Leesburg, VA
Joe - it SO can be done, especially if you complete a 10K.. that's 1/2 way there!!! And you know it's 80% mental attitude... GO FOR IT> I am traveling to TX for it, but do have some friends in Houston who we will be seeing. I can't wait to see the Alamo... LOL
 Amanda  

wjoegreen
on 4/3/08 3:32 am - Colonial Heights, VA
now that sounds like fun.  you need a caddie? bagboy? gopher? The Alamo,..that oughta be a blast! I just got back from Killeen outside Fort Hood but did have any extra time to travel up  to dallas ordo more than leave and come back through the airport at Austin.  I did jog 5 mi one evening and walk twice in various directions.  I even walked from my hotel to the WalMart to get a second suitcase to take back all the stuff I bought for wife, kids,...and me!  Dallas Cowboys shirts for $7.50 and a hoodie for $19...are you kidding me???? Not here in Redskin country. You are amazing.  Who knew 6 months ago either of us would be talking about doing 13 miles,...ever on foot,..on purpose,....in shorts,...in public??? 
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Sporty Jill
on 4/3/08 10:24 am - Norfolk, VA
Joe....you can TOTALLY do this!   Just sign the dang registration form and mail it in!

Certified Personal Trainer

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna
Beginning Weight: 265  Current Weight:143 
So I run like a Girl....now keep up! 

Most Active