Is it wrong of me ....

Deanna34
on 4/1/08 2:24 am - Salem, OR
So last night I went back to the gym to run 3 miles on the treadmill.  I've been sick for over a week so this is my first real attempt at running since I got over this bug.  Right at the same time I get on my treadmill this skinny and VERY snooty girl gets on the treadmill next to me and she looks at me and she looks me up and down with a "holier than thou" sort of smirk.  Lovely!  Anyway, I proceed to run at a meager pace but I kept running the entire 3 miles.  She, on the other hand, had her pace set way too high and she literally kept having to jump off to the sides of her treadmill to do such things as take a drink and adjust her little pink Ipod (and catch her breath).  I counted that she jumped off 12 times and then I lost count.  So by the time we both were done, I had ran 3 miles and she probably only got in about 2 miles because of her dismounts!  Is it totally wrong of me to be absolutely and positively giddy that in my mind I beat her?  I mean, I ran 3 mile NON-STOP and she couldn't even go 5 minutes without jumping off?  Ha, ha!  And she had the nerve to look at me like I shouldn't be running!  The best part was that my husband was on the elliptical behind the treadmills and when we were walking out he said he noticed I ran longer than the bimbo next to me.  YES!  Okay, that is totally bad of me to think that way, right?  But it was a GREAT feeling to see myself whoop up on a skinny bimbo girl!  Hee, hee! --Deanna  :) 

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

liz A.
on 4/1/08 2:33 am

no, its not bad cause she was  a bia-tch.  but then I've been feeling a bit evil lately.... 

people continuously amaze me.    I have a total visual of this chick....

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  ACK!  
                                    -liz lemon

Deanna34
on 4/1/08 2:44 am - Salem, OR
Hee, hee, I have an evil streak in me lately too!  She was that picture perfect "model" type of girl.  All the perfect accessories, matching clothes, polished nails, perfect hair, etc.  I just wanted to lean over and said "Good job" or "Keep it up" just to see what she would say!  But I got great satisfaction in knowing I outran her!  Muahahahahahaha! --Deanna  :)

--Grace Hansen

liz A.
on 4/1/08 4:52 am
puts on make up to go work out type?  yeah, I know some like that.

-liz lemon

stitch0102
on 4/1/08 3:08 am - Jersey Shore, PA
Be proud, be very proud!  I'm that way with the guys in the weight room.  they lit a lot more and grunt a lot but in the end when I role up my sleeves and show my definition... Well, you get the idea.  First, you had fun with it and second, someone notied how good you look.  Next time run an extra quarter mile!

September 2006...415 lbs.
April 12, 2007...surgery...285 lbs.    Goal...210     Current...181

Deanna34
on 4/1/08 3:53 am - Salem, OR
Those grunters in the weight room drive me NUTS!  And they're usually the ones to throw the weights back and not use proper form.  Duh!  Our gym just put up a sign that says "No  grunting allowed."  I thought it was funny! --Deanna  :)

--Grace Hansen

liz A.
on 4/1/08 5:08 am
*grunt* *flex* *puts down 5 lb weight.* hahhahahaa....I should go do that tonight.  It'd be funny to me. 

-liz lemon

Deanna34
on 4/1/08 5:11 am - Salem, OR
You're too funny!  And you totally have my sense of humor too cuz that is something I just might do!  It was getting bad at my gym ... guys were grunting so loud and making these awful noise.  It was funny and I would be giggling about it.  But it was disrupting some people so they had a lot of complaints.  I think it's hilarious!  Macho men!  "You wanna see my huge pectoral muscles???" --Deanna  :)

--Grace Hansen

ermath
on 4/1/08 3:15 am - Hammond, LA
Deanna:   I work at a university, and so my gym is always packed with the perfectly plastic.  Rarely does anyone outrun me, and I wear my race t-shirts to let "them" know who they are messing with (in my own head, obviously).  I take pride in having an inflated ego when it comes to my work-outs.  Now, it is a much different story when I participate in races. . .(by the end, usually, I'm just happy it is over).    I say "Power to the flabby folk!". . . ~Erin
Age: 30, Height: 5'9", Weight: 437/185/170, Sur: RNY Nov05

wjoegreen
on 4/1/08 4:19 am - Colonial Heights, VA

Hey,...2 very improtant things there. 1.  Your husband was at the gym with you. 2.  The RIGHT person noticed and though enough of you and the event significant enough to bring it too your attention,..like maybe just incase you are sucha kind and dear person, perhaps you didn't even notice her. I try to be friendly and compliment peopl on their faster paces if I speak at all, but quietly take tremedous pride in going on while the people beside me change once twice or even three times over an hour.  I would just call it a HUGE moral victory, A WOW moment, smile, and wait for the next victim to RUN INTO THE GROUND!!!! Tear'em up D!

Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Most Active