My first race

Chris Zane
on 3/29/08 8:58 am
I'm currently training for a sprint triathlon on June 1st.  I'm on about the 6th week of my couch to 5K training (I sometimes repeat a week, so I've really been doing it for about 8 weeks).  I decided to do a 5k today that some friends of mine were participating in.  I figured that I would run some and walk when needed. My goal time was to finish between 39 and 42 minutes and I finished in 37:30.  I was so excited!!  I know that as I continue training over the next couple of months, I'll get even faster.  I'm about 9 months out of surgery and before surgery I couldn't even run a few steps without my shins and knees killing me for days. Thanks for all of your inspiration.  
puddin2day
on 3/29/08 2:32 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Excellent job, Zoe!  You are doing great.  I hope to be able to produce such numbers like yours in the near future. Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Scott William
on 3/29/08 10:58 pm
Way to go.  Don''t worry about how long it takes to get there as long as you are getting there.  Congrats on your first 5K.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Elisa K.
on 3/30/08 1:02 am - Lumberton, NJ
That's awesome Zoe!!  I just started training for a 5k race in July - I am so excited!!  I hope I can do as well as you!!  Congratulations!!
MaryS
on 3/30/08 7:21 am - Long Island, NY
Zoe, Congratulations on your fist 5k. Not only did you do it, but you did fantastic! Good luck with your training. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Chris Zane
on 3/30/08 10:08 am

Thanks everyone.  It is just amazing for me to be a runner - I never thought I'd be able to do it and not be in pain.  It is actually the opposite for me - I feel fantastic after doing running workouts.

Most Active