Tuesday's workout

Earl C.
on 3/26/08 2:52 am - Circleville, OH

Monday - took off Tues 12:50 pm to 1:35 pm @ barbell Club Incl DB Press 10 min warm up Power cleans Box Squats with bands 11:15 pm @ work gym walk treadmill 30 min, 3 mph, level 4 just ez walk to work out the stiffness because I was chained to the desk all night Earl

Dana H.
on 3/26/08 4:57 am, edited 3/26/08 4:57 am - Elmo, MT
Here is Tuesday's: I worked out for 95 minutes.  I walked 4 laps, then I alternated running and walking for 24 laps, 2 more walking laps (40 minutes, walking about 1.9 miles and running 1.1 miles)20 minutes strength training, lower body, 3 sets of 12.  Did 3 sets of 20 crunches and finished up with 30 minutes of stationary bike at 14 mph on the strength setting.  Average heart rate was 144 Max heart rate was 179. I worked out at 3:30 instead of lunch so I didn't have to rush back to the office.  I may change to this time everyday so that I get a good lunch in. Question on ab work.... can I do these every day or should I alternate these too?
Back on Track Dana
preop 316, low post op 166, 200 regain, 189 now, 165 goal
www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=ymdana    
Earl C.
on 3/26/08 9:19 am - Circleville, OH

On Ab training, it depends on what your goals are.  If you want to build and strengthen the muscles of the abs, better to overload them like weighted sit-ups and leg raises done 2 or 3 days a week, abs are like any other muscle and need rest to grow and get stronger. If you want small tight abs, some people believe in slightly over training them...everyday...so you're basically trying to "not" build muscle by training them everyday with less intensity. If you just woke up and did 3 sets of crunches everyday before you got out of bed it would do the same thing.

If you’re looking for that six pack look, you have to build up the muscle. The bigger the muscle, the less fat you have to lose to see the outline of the abs I believe. But some of us will probably never have a six pack showing. (me me me)

I do a lot of ab work almost every day as part of my warm up. Then 2 or 3 days a week I’ll train them harder with a separate workout or as part of my heavy workouts.

Earl

Dana H.
on 3/26/08 2:24 pm - Elmo, MT
Thank you, I dont fore see a six pack, but I sure would like to get rid of the muffin syndrome hanging over the top of my jeans.
Back on Track Dana
preop 316, low post op 166, 200 regain, 189 now, 165 goal
www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=ymdana    
Kevin A.
on 3/26/08 6:14 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
2 mile run!! Fastest I ever run!! I won't tell you the time because I have a 5k race coming up and I know they are watching!!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
MaryS
on 3/26/08 6:26 am - Long Island, NY
I did a three mile run and then 15 minutes on the stationary bike.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Most Active