really silly question

liz A.
on 3/25/08 11:33 pm
I feel silly even asking this, but I really want to know. yesterday I went to the gym & it was just downright horrible.   my body was just boycotting EVERYTHING.   I tried to push myself through.  I did like 40 min run/walk, but I was SLooowww.... Which got me thinking.....what causing a "bad" workout like that?   I tried looking it up online, but really didnt find anything. Is it just the body is tired?  poor stretching?  etc etc... like I said I feel silly for asking..... but like I learned from school house rock KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!  tia.

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  ACK!  
                                    -liz lemon

kypdurran
on 3/26/08 12:01 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Hi Tia.  It could be a number of things but it sounds like fatigue to me.   Are you taking at least one day off a week?

Chad.

liz A.
on 3/26/08 12:05 am

oh yeah.  I usually take 2 days....(sometimes 3 if a busy week)

thanks for insight!

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!  ACK!  
                                    -liz lemon

Scott William
on 3/26/08 1:27 am
There are no silly questions.  Only silly people who ask questions. For me it's usually mental.  If I can push through for a bit it usually gets better.  There have been times where I got into a 4 or 5 mile run and after a mile I changed my mind.  There are days where it just isn't there.  I have also found that for running I have to give myself a mile and a half to get into it.  That is about how long it takes to feel good on those bad days. As far as the stretching, I havn't been able to get my hamstrings loose in about 6 months.  I don't know what it is and have tried everything except not stretching.  That can be a bummer also.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Earl C.
on 3/26/08 2:00 am - Circleville, OH
If you never had a bad workout, you wouldn't know what the good workouts feel like. Sometimes a bad workout is better than nothing. Sometimes it's better to do nothing.  But nobody ever died doing a bad workout...well there was that one guy...but that was a spandex accident. Earl
janiej
on 3/26/08 11:09 am - Independence, IA
ohhh... that's funny..... Anyway ~~ I have those days where I just can't get into gear ... so I just do an easy workout -- even if it's just walking on the treadmill at a leisurely pace and tell myself anything is better than nothing.  From a woman's viewpoint -- I think hormones can play a huge part in my energy level too.  There are those days that 1.5 to 2 hours and I want to keep going and then I have one where I can barely keep moving... Keep going... exercise is ALWAYS a good thing!
Janie 
Most Active