Good sports bras?

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/08 7:16 am - Albany, OR
It seems like I can't find a sports bra with enough support.  I end up having to buy a size smaller than my regular size and then end up with major chafing where the band sits on my ribs and on my shoulders.  Anyone know of any that offer good support without having to be crazy tight?
Deanna34
on 3/25/08 1:34 am - Salem, OR
Girl, I sooooo hear you on this subject matter!  It really depends on what size bra you wear.  There is a bra by Enell that will flatten you out like a pancake but will definately hold you still.  I had problems with it though because you can't get a smaller band size with a larger cup size.  I had to get a Glamorize front hook bra and that works well for me.  However, it doesn't offer a lot of "non bounce" so I have to put a really tight fitting compression tank over the top of it or another bra.  I wear a size 34DDD or G so I have problems finding them small enough around the ribs but big enough in the cups.  But the Glamorize ones seem to fit me the best.  I still get chafed to the point where I bleed ... you might try some Bodyglide to help with that. --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/08 3:26 am - Albany, OR
I'm 34DD and it's so hard to find something!  I've tried a few brands and have the same issue every time.  I'll try the Enell or Glamorize.  I don't mind being smooshed up like a pancake as long as I'm not bouncing around.   Thanks!
frueta
on 3/25/08 6:59 am
I cannot seem to find my favorite sports bra to be able to tell you for sure the name.  I know it is made by Champion and when I looked online I believe it is the Champion Double Dry Full Support Bra.  It costs about $40 but was well worth the price.  I got mine at Dicks Sporting Goods. 
janiej
on 3/26/08 11:14 am - Independence, IA
I've always liked Champion the best and I think that's the same "model" mine was.  It hooks in the back and has 2 layers to it with the outside being cotton and no underwires.... It's kind of like a straightjacket for the boobs... no bounce.   I finally got tired of my boobs being in the way and had reduction/lift 2 years ago....  next to my gastric bypass it is the absolute best thing I've ever done... no more back and neck aches.    I had to take out a loan because it was self pay, but ohhhh so worth it.
Janie 
Jen L
on 3/26/08 5:00 am - Central, IN
For me the key was getting a sports bra with an underwire.  Although I'm not as large as you cup size, I'm a 36D, but it still gives me good support without leaving me feel like I can't take a deep breath.  Champion has some good bras with underwires, but actually the one I am wearing now I actually got at Kohl's.  It is the same style as the Champion ones but was cheaper.  I can comfortably jog without any problems. I know when my boobs were bigger, I had to double up on sports bras, but now I don't have to. Good Luck, Jennifer
Most Active