Athens Triathlon Race Report

kypdurran
on 3/10/08 6:16 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Just finished my race report for the Athens Triathlon.   I surely enjoyed writing and living it!    I'm beginning to enjoy writing the race reports just as much as I do running the races.  :)

http://www.team464.com/athenstri/

MaryS
on 3/10/08 9:08 am - Long Island, NY
Chad, Great report and great pictures. You really make me wish I could swim. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Kevin A.
on 3/10/08 2:14 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Excellent report!! I love reading them!! That is amazing!! Marathon one week!! Triathon the next week!! What's next??
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Linn D.
on 3/11/08 2:47 am - Missoula, MT
Nice report, Chad! Some of the things you mentioned are what I'm very afraid of in my first tri next month.  We'll just have to wait and see how it goes.  I'm just jealous that your swim was only 300m.  Mine is 1000 yards and the bike and run distances are the same.  The race I'm doing really favors the good swimmers. Thanks again for sharing. Linn
kypdurran
on 3/11/08 3:15 am - Baton Rouge, LA

You'll do fine.  It's a great time!

I'm doing a Quarter Ironman at the Lone Star Tri-Frest on the 24th of this month which is .6 mile (1052m) swim / 28 mile bike and 10K run.  The swim for this one will be open water and in the Gulf of Mexico.   A bit more challenging but nothing I can't handle.  :)

Even though I am in the lottery for Kona I really don't think that I have enough time to train for it this year.   I'm shooting for doing that race next year along with the first annual New Orleans 70.3 Half-Ironman.  This year I am going to concentrate on short to mid distance triathlons and maybe an long course distance like the one on the 24th. 

Good luck in your tri next month!

Chad.

Cassie W.
on 3/12/08 10:16 am

I truly enjoyed your race report.  It almost makes me want to take swimming lessons to make the leap to the next adventure.  Maybe next year.  Good luck in the Gulf! Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Kirsten :-)
on 3/14/08 6:28 am - Agoura Hills, CA
Wow....Great job!  Unfortunately I think you talked me out of attempting a triathlon....I'm too big of a wuss to get kicked in the face!  LOL
Most Active