Help, I need some encouragement!

pennisweet
on 3/6/08 7:42 am - Windsor, MO
I have only been here twice and reading some of your post makes me sad because  should be doing that.  I am 2 years and 4 months out.  I went from 308 to 150 (I accually  was at 130 but gained because I had a baby.  Now I don't think I will ever be back to where I was.  I have signed up for a gym but I find myself not going.  My husband works 12 hour shifts so the days he works I have bought some videos to do at home.  The days he is home I can go up and work out---but I don't do either.  I feel like a failure!  Penni
Scott William
on 3/6/08 8:36 pm
If you are holding steady at 150 for a while, you are certainly doing something right.  Not everyone likes the gym but I think you would find a higher success rate for people who go regularly.  Do you have any interest in running.  If so, find a race and sign up for it.  There is no reason you can't walk it if you desire.  Many people like the feeling of race day and it can get addictive.  You could go find a walking trail and try that.   Try fo figure out something that you enjoy that will get you moving.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
stitch0102
on 3/6/08 9:36 pm - Jersey Shore, PA
First, don't give up.  You're holding steady so you should be taking in just enough calories.  Going to the gym or not isn't an issue.  You are moving and that's the important thing.  Me, i love the gym.  I go as often as I can when my son isn't with me.  But I also have a stationary bike and Total gym at home for those days or when I don't have as much time to go to the gym. I may want to lok into a stationary bike.  You can ride while watching TV or in between chores, etc.  You don't say if you work but you can break up your riding time throughout the day.  Hopefully you can find someone to go to the gym with or maybe take some classes, etc.  You don't have to go there every day, maybe 2-3 times a week.  Then do other exercise on your own.  Hang in there and don't quit.

September 2006...415 lbs.
April 12, 2007...surgery...285 lbs.    Goal...210     Current...181

wjoegreen
on 3/7/08 2:32 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Start with something you'll get to.  Go for a walk with or without the kid(s) (depending on age and ability etc).  Get a exercise bike and ride while watching TV.  You can get them cheap at yard sales, Goodwill and such.  Maybe the walking will progress into feeling better and stronger and wanting to do more or different stuff.  Maybe a dance video or just dancing to some music on your own. Just get your cardio increased for 20-30 mins a day minumum and you'll see rsults in 2 weeks and that helps get you excitied about doing more. Go get'em kiddo! 
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Donna Heller
on 3/7/08 9:29 pm - Warrington, PA
Well Penni I'm with ya there girlfriend. I hate to exercise!!! I do think if I had someone to do it with I would probably like it more. I don't know what to do to find it more enjoyable???? Donna
Most Active